Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2013 6:55:49 AM EDT
Scroll below Poland... http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

You have all the possible negative redneck stereotypes wrapped into one show: Fat, child beauty pageant obsession, southern accent, ignorance and fast food all edited for that extra disgusting effect and of course, the constant banjo music as icing on the cake. Its all about denigrating the South, about showing low income, welfare white people as sub human animals.

Quiet, dignified, hard working southerner? No way, this is the ultimate freak show baby! We all know that no one “from the South” goes to college or even touches a book.  

All educated Americans come from LA and New York of course. Lets grab a bunch of ignorant clowns, promiscuous, fat and stupid and lets show them doing stupid stuff while drinking corn syrup in a brutal race to diabetes, now that’s what “theSouth” is all about.

Oh yeah!

At this point we have to ask ourselves, is this just a tragic accident? The stereotyping and discrimination towards what CNN calls “The South”, is obvious enough, but is this just an unfortunate series of events? Is TLC just trying to make a few more millions by feeding the mass of viewers what they want or is there something else going on here? In the South Park parody they talked about lowering the bar. Is this a deliberate attempt to lower the bar, right there to the floor where we can all just trip on it and break our necks?

I don’t believe much in coincidences and I especially don’t believe in THAT many coincidences. When you make a deliberate attempt to portrait a poor white southern family as the most disgusting pack of animals on the planet, a mockery of what the American family used to be, you sure as hell have an agenda. In case this is all too subtle for the average viewer, TLC throws in a plastic baby Jesus, toes eaten by rats, and Honey Boo Boo spitting in its face.

Take that Bible Belt!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Poor babies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I take it you are a Honey Boo Boo fan?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with his thesis.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What about that reality show with the rocket scientists in Huntsville?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Urban coastal elites look down on MIdwestern and Southern rubes that make the coastal lifestyle possible?

Who knew?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Decent rant.  Why the butt hurt?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Honey Boo Boo did do one thing  for me. I know now what it is to have no positive role models on tv. This puts me closer to understanding the blacksploitation movies of the 70's.

Also James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron. James cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Urban coastal elites look down on MIdwestern and Southern rubes that make the coastal lifestyle possible?

Who knew?
View Quote

Strangely, hipsters seem to love bluegrass music.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't have cable for the past 3 years, and I recently broke down and got a package for football season.  In the meantime, I feel I've had a bit of a reeducation of sorts, realizing the absurd level of ignorant, stupid, filth that is now considered entertainment.  Yes, it is like a train wreck, hard to divert your eyes. The problem lies in that people actually enjoy being part of the trainwreck.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Strangely Ironically, hipsters seem to love bluegrass music.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who knew?

Strangely Ironically, hipsters seem to love bluegrass music.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree with his thesis.
View Quote

Concur.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I've actually been wondering what this recent fascination with rednecks, hicks, and hillbillies is? Why are Discovery, History, TLC, A&E, True Tv, etc... glorifying these people? Dirty Jobs was a great show showing what your average, everyday American does. Who the hell says it's ok to be 300 pounds overweight guzzling syrup, making 'shine and running from the cops, passed out drunk at noon every Tuesday, or pimping out your 8 year old for some TV time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top