Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 5:39:51 PM EDT
Excellent Interview with a guy who did extensive research of Gov't papers obtained through FOIA requests.

[url]http://www.independent.org/tii/news/020311Cirignano.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
it's very possible but I dont buy it. I believe that we still could have successfully defended ourselves at Pearl and still had the desired outcome that our government supposedly wanted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Robert Stinnett also wrote a book on the subject:

[url]http://www.liberty-tree.org/ltn/dayofdeceit.html[/url]

Excellent research. FDR's defenders have to either debunk Stinnett's book, or explain the facts it presents. Failing that, we have to accept that FDR [i]did[/i] know in advance, and was in effect a traitor. For what it is worth, I have heard several lame attempts at defending FDR on the History Channel and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to remember 3 things about FDR:

1 - He was an avowed collectivist.

2 - He was the pre-Clinton Clinton.

3 - He was a smiling sack of $hit.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is old news, and your point is?
View Quote

His point is, as always, that America is inherently evil and is always in the wrong, no matter what.  He never has any other point.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
His point is, as always, that America is inherently evil and is always in the wrong, no matter what.  He never has any other point.
View Quote

First, who or what do you mean by America? The government? The people?

Second, I don't believe American people or the American gov't to be inherently evil. I won't deny that they do some evil things(whether they know it is evil or wrong or not), but they often do some good(although I'll be hard pressed to come up with an example of the government doing ANYTHING good, but there are tons of examples of people doing good)

Third, the above applies to "always in the wrong", although the government definitely heads in that direction way more often than not.

Finally, my point is this: Government(whether America's or not) is more often than not bad and is destructive. I bring attention to America's because if the best can go bad, image the worst?

What is your point? That is America is always good and always in the right?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Excellent Interview with a guy who did extensive research of Gov't papers obtained through FOIA requests.

[url]http://www.independent.org/tii/news/020311Cirignano.html[/url]
View Quote

Ah yes, libertyof76 proving once again that no horse is too dead to beat.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:50:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Finally, my point is this: Government(whether America's or not) is more often than not bad and is destructive. I bring attention to America's because if the best can go bad, image the worst?
View Quote

Ah, that's why you CONSTANTLY and INCESSANTLY post ARTICLE AFTER ARTICLE detailing EVERY SINGLE crackpot conspiracy theory that makes the US look bad, right?
Maybe you've even fooled yourself...
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]
If [b]only[/b] he had listened to Nostrademus!  All this was laid out hundreds of years ago.  

Bad! Bad government.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, if FDR really set America up to take a fall at Pearl Harbor, just so he could help his Bilderberger Buddies continue their fight against Hitler (assuming the Bilderbergers [u]were[/u] fighting against Hitler), then one thing is very clear to me.

[b]FDR was a military genius![/b] Despite all of the leading naval experts of the time who insisted that battleships were the backbone of any navy, FDR purposefully sacrificed those ships, saving the US carriers by making certain they were at sea during the attack.

Aircraft carriers were at that point untested in naval warfare, but FDR was willing to bet the West Coast that they would be all we needed to defend ourselves from Japanese battleships!

Clever bastard, that FDR!

Eric The(Facetious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/pearl.html

ftp://ftp.purdue.edu/pub/Liberal-Arts/History/pha/pearl.harbor/congress/

I have reviewed loads of information regarding the Pearl Harbor conspiracy.  I will not try to convince anybody of it's existance.  The best knowledge a person may posses is the knowledge that they gather themselves. I will say that I am fully convinced that some in the US knew it was going to occur and did their best to keep it a secret.  Did all of the government know?  certainly not.  Did some attempt to cover it up?  Yes. Do I trust everybody in government to do the right thing? NO

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson

Eternal vigilance does not mean believing that politicians only have our best interests in mind.

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I find it hard sometimes to distinguish between far right anarchists and far left anarchists.  Which are you?  You would be right at home at democraticunderground.com.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I think a good dose of cynicism and suspicion is a healthy thing to have, especially when dealing with such matters as how governments are operated.

So whether it's from the Left or the Right, let everything be published and, if an idea or belief is deemed worthy, it will be accepted and become a part of the 'conventional wisdom.'

If not, it will be assigned to the dustbin of history.

Or have a permanent website on the Internet.

Eric The('LetA100FlowersBloom'-Mao)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I find it hard sometimes to distinguish between far right anarchists and far left anarchists.  Which are you?  
View Quote

Neither. I am a libertarian, not an anarchist. ANd there is no such thing as a left wing anarchist. Left wingers are anti-liberty folks, and anarchists are pro-liberty(to the extreme)
You would be right at home at democraticunderground.com.
View Quote

Hardly. They would HATE me because of my beliefs on:

Capitalism and the free market
Guns
Feminism
Government
Liberty
The Constitution

and well, pretty much everything I believe. We are polar opposites. They whine about imperialism, until a left wing government does it. Then they are all for it. They only hate right wing imperialism. I, on the other hand, oppose ALL interventionism.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Left wingers are anti-liberty folks, and anarchists are pro-liberty(to the extreme)
View Quote

Wrong.  Anarchists are pro-license.  License is having the freedom to do you want.  Liberty is having the freedom to do what you [b]should[/b].

Just my 2¢.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top