Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 5:54:23 PM EDT

Can You Say Big Brother?

[url]www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,49559,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
This is potentially some scary stuff. I can not foresee this being a mandatory procedure for humans in this country unless our government takes a serious nose dive from it's current position.

Vote Libertarian
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem for me so long as it is voluntary.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet they could give you this shot during a routine doctor visit and you would not even know it.

Like maybe have it mixed in with a routine injection.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, if technology limits it's size to the size of a grain of rice, I don't think they could slip it to you during a routine medical exam. That would take one hell of a large needle. Plus, there are ways to detect those kinds of things.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, thats scary.  Has anyone read 666 Mark of the Beast?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't mind if they make it where it will always be voluntary with no chance of it ever being other than that.  But it can end up being like Social Security cards.

First they were just cards that let you know what your number is.  Could not be used for identification.

Now you can't get a job without them being able to photocopy your SS card.

Unless there are strict controls on this, it'll pan out like this probably.

2002:  voluntarily get implant
2005:  still voluntary but urged to get it
2007:  things are restricted to you unless you have an implant
2009:  can't really go anywhere without your implant
2010:  ATM's scan for implants.  Cannot use it otherwise.
2013:  Opinion of those who don't have an implant is low.  You're a nut if you don't have one.
2015:  can't get a job, buy stuff, or do anything unless you have the implant

It probably won't happen for another decade or even two decades.  But I'm 110% sure that in my lifetime it will become a requirement to get one of these implanted into you.  The technology is here, now for the government to slowly require you to put it in you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Unless there are strict controls on this, it'll pan out like this probably.

2002:  voluntarily get implant
2005:  still voluntary but urged to get it
2007:  things are restricted to you unless you have an implant
2009:  can't really go anywhere without your implant
2010:  ATM's scan for implants.  Cannot use it otherwise.
2013:  Opinion of those who don't have an implant is low.  You're a nut if you don't have one.
2015:  can't get a job, buy stuff, or do anything unless you have the implant
View Quote

Friggin' creepy and probably true.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep them things away from me, I want NO part of that!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]
We better start making sure we're right with Jesus.  

Any of ya'll seen "Left Behind"

My neighboor was telling me about this sort of thing being the end of times when  I was about 8 years old... This is indeed some scary sheeeit.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I would say as early as 5 years after the mark becomes widely available it will then be mandatory. There will be many who oppose it now but will rationalize it's use the same as they did with "assault weapon" registration.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]BAN Digital Angel IMPLANTS in HUMANS NOW.[/b]

DO Not BE Willfully Ignorant.

^
^[size=1]
[url]www.cures-not-wars.org/[/url] Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 [b]feinstein/hci[/b] master plan
for TOTAL Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY Implant Micro-chip

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR
[/size=1]
FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Heres probably a more realistic look at it:

2002-Chips come out on the market.  A small portion of the population voluntarily have themselves and their children implanted.

2004:  Doctors begin to ask parents if they want their child to be implanted.  Looked as some as a good thing to help protect them from predators.

2005-Chips become more popular.  Some problems with a few implantees but nothing major.  People decide to have people in prison and those on parole implanted so as to keep track of them.  Very minor oposition because their convicts and it will help keep everyone a little bit safer.

2007:  Programs emerge in which those with implants receive "benefits."  Or are able to do or go to activities which non-implantees can't.

2008:  Chip has been upgraded to act like a credit card, versatellor, drivers license, etc.  Just pass hand under the scanner to pay for things.

2012:  "Benefits" programs become more widespread.  Chip upgraded to include a GPS unit (not sure if they will have it in the beginning already).

2013:  Opinion of those without the chip low.  Because of a few successes in finding lost children it is now urged that people get implanted.  But not required.

2016:  Required by some business' to scan the chip to buy things or rent things or use things

2017:  Non-implantees move somewhere where they can't be found easily.  Nation looks upon them as wierdos and nuts.

And so on and so on.  Basically baby steps.  Like gun control.  In fact if you want you can even throw in that all guns have been banned so basically when it finally does get required only things we'll probably have are rocks...

This i think is more realistic but the years may or may not be closer together since obviously a tragedy will make people think it should be done.  Look at National ID cards.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Funny how the "work of fiction" as some refer to it, a.k.a. the Bible tells of this in a book written almost two Millennia ago.  I will not take the mark, nor will my children.  Then again, those who are right with God should already be raptured long before the mark is ever mandatory.  It will be the fight of those left behind who become saved.

And on another note...

[B]Italian Dr Severino Antinori claims woman is pregnant with first human clone that is 8 weeks along.[/B]

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=46275

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Funny how the "work of fiction" as some refer to it, a.k.a. the Bible tells of this in a book written almost two Millennia ago.  I will not take the mark, nor will my children.  Then again, those who are right with God should already be raptured long before the mark is ever mandatory.  It will be the fight of those left behind who become saved.

And on another note...

[B]Italian Dr Severino Antinori claims woman is pregnant with first human clone that is 8 weeks along.[/B]

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=46275

God Bless Texas
View Quote

I started becoming worried about stuff like this 4 or 5 years ago when I heard on the radio that now for those men willing to pay (which would of course not be cheap), they can have a baby.  That movie Junior actually wasn't that far off...its getting to the point now where I think to myself what scary thing will they come up with next?

Yeah, a lot of truths in the "work of fiction."  Like overdrinking being bad, or promiscuous sex, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top