Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 6:50:10 AM EDT
...for 24 hours.  On February 20th starting at 3pm.  

Electrical maintenance was the reason given.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Color me suprised that they didn't issue it on the 19th.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Darn it, I was hoping for news of a permanent shutdown
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#3]
source link?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#4]
So does that mean no gun purchases on that day?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It depends on how your State handles the checks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I read it in my NRA magazine (October 2004).

America's First Freedom...page...61
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Like it for the pay now carry it out the door now concept. Don't care for the numerous spontaneous shutdowns during the Clinton years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Some states-like Georgia- do their own checks.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

CRC

How's that?  Mine was called in to NICS.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRC

Are you sure?

I thought in GA the state bureau of investigation did all checks?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not in Texas with a CHL

Walk in....
One yellow form...
walk out smiling
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRC

Are you sure?

I thought in GA the state bureau of investigation did all checks?

CRC

Actually, I was assuming it was NICS.  It was called in while I was standing there.  I'm not clear on who runs the check.  If you know more...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#15]
The weekend I bought my Beretta was the same weekend of the Million Misguided Mom march in DC a few years ago and gee.........for some reason the NICS system was down that weekend. I paid for the gun on Friday and couldn't pick it up until the following Monday when the gun shop could run the check.

I guess no one wanted to find out how many weapons were purchased on this "historic" weekend.

Now I have a CCW permit and I fill out the 4473, pay and out the door I go on my merry way. Even at the Funshows.

Another odd thing concerning the CCW permit-I wanted to cash a check issued by my IRA fund that wasn't from the bank I use, so I went to a branch of THEIR bank in town. They asked for a couple of forms of ID and I showed them my CCW permit and they said IT WAS UNACCEPTABLE AS IDENTIFICATION and I had to have something else. I got the manager over and explained that the CCW permit likely entailed a background check even more thorough than she any of their employees had gone through. Still no, and they actually ended up refusing to cash the check (for other reasons). I went home, called my IRA company (Schwab) explained to a senior account manager what happened. He was pissed off. He said, "I'll call you back in a few minutes".

About 30 minutes later he calls me back, says go on down to the bank, they'll take care of me.

So I went back and the same manager that refused to cash the check for me handled cashing the check for me, but was very curt.

She showed all the appearances of having had her ass chewed very thoroughly.

BTW, I did have all the required ID to cash the check.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It depends on how your State handles the checks.

CT does its own check.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Deleted
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#18]
In Colorado the dealer calls CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) and they start a check of state records. While doing that CBI calls NICS for a check. The amazing thing is how quick TWO .gov agencies can accomplish the feat. Sunday a.m. the dealer was on the phone for about 20 mins.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The weekend I bought my Beretta was the same weekend of the Million Misguided Mom march in DC a few years ago and gee.........for some reason the NICS system was down that weekend. I paid for the gun on Friday and couldn't pick it up until the following Monday when the gun shop could run the check.

I guess no one wanted to find out how many weapons were purchased on this "historic" weekend.

Now I have a CCW permit and I fill out the 4473, pay and out the door I go on my merry way. Even at the Funshows.

Another odd thing concerning the CCW permit-I wanted to cash a check issued by my IRA fund that wasn't from the bank I use, so I went to a branch of THEIR bank in town. They asked for a couple of forms of ID and I showed them my CCW permit and they said IT WAS UNACCEPTABLE AS IDENTIFICATION and I had to have something else. I got the manager over and explained that the CCW permit likely entailed a background check even more thorough than she any of their employees had gone through. Still no, and they actually ended up refusing to cash the check (for other reasons). I went home, called my IRA company (Schwab) explained to a senior account manager what happened. He was pissed off. He said, "I'll call you back in a few minutes".

About 30 minutes later he calls me back, says go on down to the bank, they'll take care of me.

So I went back and the same manager that refused to cash the check for me handled cashing the check for me, but was very curt.

She showed all the appearances of having had her ass chewed very thoroughly.

BTW, I did have all the required ID to cash the check.

I used my CCW at a beer distributor as age ID, this summer.
I was with someone buying a keg, and couldn't find my license.  
Everyone had to show ID that was present with the buyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top