Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:27:51 AM EDT
I was watching an old episode of Criminal Minds last night and Dr. Reid failed his firearms qualification.  Anybody know what the FBI qual is like?  I've heard it is pretty easy for local PD, true?  What exactly was your qual like?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I cannot speak for any federal qualifications.

For the three local agencies I've worked for, quals are very easy. Our academy qual was slightly harder (more off-hand shooting), but still easy. Local agencies around here use the NRA LE pistol qualification.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
FBI qualifications USED to include policing-up all your brass at the end of each course of fire...Rather anal about their new pretty range at Quantico, IIRC.

Having working with hundreds of S/A's, it is my humble opinion that they make up one of the finest INVESTIGATION agencies in the world...Need an accountant? Need an attorney? Need a computer pro? They are your go-to guys...as a street-smart police department, they suck eggs.

ALMOST FORGOT!

THE most hilarious designation I have ever seen is a local resident designated "S/A - CPA - EOD" (Special Agent/Certified Public Accountant/Explosive Ordnance Disposal) All that we heard from our local bomb squad was "Get that fuqqin' accountant out of here before he gets someone killed!"
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Qualification goes something like this:

City/State LEO? Didn't shoot yourself? Didn't shoot your colleagues? kinda hit the target sometimes? OK, PASS.

FBI? Q target, 50 rounds, 25 yards down to 7 yards. At 7 yards the course of fire is: advance to 5 yards, draw, 5-rounds weak hand, 5 rounds strong hand all in 15 seconds. 85% hits required to pass.

Federal Air Marshal? Their course seems a little tougher and more rigorous in terms of time and concealed draw.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top