Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2018 9:54:53 AM EDT
Question. Will the former Chief James Comey, and Assistant Chief Andrew McCabe be able to carry under LEOSA.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:03:19 AM EDT
It is contingent on retiring in good standing and being issued "retirement credentials".

So... McCabe was fired so no retirement credentials... no authority to carry for sure.

I really doubt Comey will be issued retirement credentials... so no for him either.

After I retired it took 6 months before my retirement credentials were shipped to me.

I am a retired Federal LEO.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:54:09 AM EDT
I just don't see these guys taking the time to go qualify yearly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2018 8:57:27 PM EDT by joeyd16779]
James Comey is not eligible under the law. You must serve at least ten years (926.C, 3-A) unless you medically retire. He served from 2013 to 2017 so he does not qualify. Not to mention he was asked to step down and did not retire- and thus still not eligible under that fact. Fun fact- Comey never carried daily. He only carried on his quarterly qualification day. He had a full protection detail 24/7, just like every other FBI director.

Andrew McCabe was fired and does not qualify for a retired ID and will not get a privileges under LEOSA; however he is eligible for a CCW under state law wherever he lives.

Most fed agencies who have their crap together give you your retirement creds and LEOSA card the day you leave.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:23:15 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DasRonin:
It is contingent on retiring in good standing and being issued "retirement credentials".

So... McCabe was fired so no retirement credentials... no authority to carry for sure.

I really doubt Comey will be issued retirement credentials... so no for him either.

After I retired it took 6 months before my retirement credentials were shipped to me.

I am a retired Federal LEO.
View Quote
Squinting at your avatar and reading the six month wait... I'm pretty sure I know who you worked for. LOL
Top Top