Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2001 2:15:08 PM EDT
I want to build a Fal from one of the parts kits that are around. Should I get the metric or inch tpye. What is the differance in them . Has anyone of you guys build one of these from the kits. I live in  Kalifornia and this may be my last chance to get a shooter.  Thanks for you help.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The metric kits are easier to find and metric mags are lots cheaper to buy ($10-$15, and that's a bit high I think), especially in bulk.

It may already be to late for you in Calf.

Check out [url]www.fnfal.com[/url]. If they are up and running they'll have THE answers you're looking for.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
www.entreprise.com has a PRK legal FAL, but all they did is leave off the pistol grip and the FAL is very awkward without one.  Of course, you could just order it and stick the grip on there after you get it (:

www.dsarms.com is coming out with a very nice PRK legal FAL soon.  The mag is permanently attached and the rifle is fed thru the top by stripper clips.

Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Id get the metric.The mags are cheaper.Metric mags will fit in a inch gun but inch wont fit a metric.

the metrics do fit loosely in a inch gun. The threads are diffrent altough they are close enough that inch parts will fit on a metric reciever.All except Izzy heavy barrel kits have a diffrent barrel thread pitch.

Metric stay open on the last shot inch dont.The cocking handle folds on the inch guns.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You might just want to buy a DSA STG58A instead and avoid the hassels.  It will cost you $795 plus $15 shipping.  Top notch finish and function.  I will email you a pic.  Shoots great. About 2-2.5 MOA.  Bore looks new.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
buy this:

[url]www.gunsnammo.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You might just want to buy a DSA STG58A instead and avoid the hassels. It will cost you $795 plus $15 shipping. Top notch finish and function. I will email you a pic. Shoots great. About 2-2.5 MOA. Bore looks new.
View Quote

DSA will not ship complete rifles to California even without the grip.  Your best bet would be to call Entreprise in Irwindale.  They sell both inch and metric STGs.  I would stick with metric, mags cheaper and parts easier to find.  You could also buy an Imbel upper receiver and have one of the gunsmiths build it for you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Be sure to get one.
I'm a M1A nut and got a FAl.
I'm shooting it more than my other stuff right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Break out the wallet and get a Belgian 50.00!

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=48153316&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]

For <$1,000, get the Cheap DSA or an IMI.  Century guns are iffy.  My view is that with a century gun you are 90% likely to have a problem of some kind.  It could be as little as a missing/stripped screw to as much as a broken locking shoulder (I saw this on a Century L1A1).
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#10]
   Absolutely stay away from the Century Arms FN's. Have a gun store buddy who would order twenty and get 12 -15 that were decent enough to sell. The rest would get sent back. Many problems with poorly fitted and even broken parts installed. Then add in the fact that most of the guns, despite new barrels were not very accurate. I personally can not tolerate any rifle that shoots 3-5 inch groups at 100 yds...Sorry.

FN
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
www.entreprise.com has a PRK legal FAL,
View Quote

This link gets a great rental car, but they didn't have any guns?
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top