Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2001 9:35:07 PM EDT
I am sure this man was lying to me whe he said that "In the US special forces we use MP5's in 10mm and can carry a desert eagle in 50ae"
Am I right when I think this is BS?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a Tom Clancy book to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am sure this man was lying to me whe he said that "In the US special forces we use MP5's in 10mm and can carry a desert eagle in 50ae"
View Quote

He's a liar.  SF does not use the Desert Eagle.  10mm MP-5's...yea right.  Contary to popular belief, SF doesn't get to carry whatever they want.

Go ahead and bust him.  Ask him what group he's with and what the AO of that group is.  Ask him what "Robin Sage" is.  Ask him how much the new PRC 119 radio issued to SF weighs.  Or better yet, post his name here and let's check this guy out.

Sounds like he's played a little too much rainbow six.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear the SEALs use DE 50's to anchor their inflatable boats.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct me is I'm wrong but I believe its the FBI that uses the 10mm HK MP5/10.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...and  it's the MP-10
or MP-5/10 that is chambered in 10 mm...
View Quote

Sorry, but just to be picky, there is no MP-10, it's only known as the MP5/10.  I think Clancy called it the MP10 in Rainbox Six (or was is MP40 for the .40cal MP5s?)

The MP5/10 was built for the FBI, but I doubt they use them anymore, in fact, I doubt anyone uses them...
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#8]
And on a side note, the Desert Eagle .50s in current use by the SEALs are all factory hard chromed for salt water resistance, and for that all so intimidating pimpin' look...
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct me is I'm wrong but I believe its the FBI that uses the 10mm HK MP5/10.
View Quote

I think they now use the MP5/40.
View Quote

In the new issue of Guns and Weapons for law enforcement they talk about the F.B.I still using 10mm, Maybe he was on loan to the F.B.I That happened to me quite often back when I was a Navie Walrus. Class#? I didnt have that,I had the "secret training" No swim buddy either I couldnt ask any man to buddy with me because of the rigorous training and the fact that all my missions were "suicide" missions. I decided right after I got drafted that if I had to be there then I was going to be the best! That reminds me of my last "suicide mission" There I was behind enemy lines with 10,000 of those bastards all around me. My weapon melted down from the heat so I grabbed up a burning baby and used it as a club....................
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds like he's played a little too much rainbow six.

-SARguy
View Quote

Took the words right out of my mouth......  Although our PJ's do get just about anything they want.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
You were probably talking with DTHOR, right?

Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Uh-Oh!  [0j]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually, the FBI has both 9mm MP5's and 10mm MP10's or MP5/10's in their inventory.

Very bad stuff to accidently load a 9mm clip in a 10mm rifle.

- CD
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought 9mm mags were curved and 10mm mags were straight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 1:26:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw some recent pics of FBI HRT guys the other day. They had MP5s with the straight clear mags. Could be either .40 or 10mm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#16]
.40 and .45 are close enough in size that .40s will go into a .45 mag. One of my buddies Loaded some .40s into his SIG magazine at the range. Oops. When he pressed the trigger,the entire round flew out of the muzzle, unfired, and landed on the ground at his his feet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This guy was telling you the truth, Scarecrow.  But the MP5-10 and Desert Eagle .50AE are only issued to the Double Secret Special Forces.  Very hush hush, you understand.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Ummm... Would a fake imposter be the real thing?

Idly wondering...
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#19]

This guy was telling you the truth, Scarecrow.  But the MP5-10 and Desert Eagle .50AE are only issued to the Double Secret Special Forces.  Very hush hush, you understand.[/quote]

Actually, as a Navie Walrus I trained those guys. In between suicide missions of course.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I think he has playing to much Rainbow Six to different from fanasty to reality.  The FBI still uses the MP5/10 and a small usable stock of the 1076 pistols.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask Dthor  maybe he can tell ya about that
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Actually, as a Navie Walrus I trained those guys. In between suicide missions of course.
View Quote

tc6969 is the walruss...ku ku kachoo.

I'm in the Double Top Secret Super Duper Special Forces.  We carry BAR's and a Ruger .22 hadgun with acog compact scope.  Oh, and by the way, we adapted the BAR to shoot 345mm. depleted uranium rounds...belt fed.  We wear suits that make us invisible like the predator.  Our missions are primarily concerned with the elimination of underwater cave dwellers.  We swim down to 20,000ft. and go in to eliminate them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Cypher214, doesn't everyone?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

tc6969 is the walruss...ku ku kachoo.

I'm in the Double Top Secret Super Duper Special Forces.  We carry BAR's and a Ruger .22 hadgun with acog compact scope.  Oh, and by the way, we adapted the BAR to shoot 345mm. depleted uranium rounds...belt fed.  We wear suits that make us invisible like the predator.  Our missions are primarily concerned with the elimination of underwater cave dwellers.  We swim down to 20,000ft. and go in to eliminate them.
View Quote

I was only in top secret super special forces.
We were the guy's doing the suicide missions while you Double Top Secret Super Duper pansy's were drinking depleted uranium and training martians to communicate with dolphins. 20,000 feet! we used to go down 21,000 feet wearing straightjackets just for fun! (in between suicide missions of course!)
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
.40 and .45 are close enough in size that .40s will go into a .45 mag. One of my buddies Loaded some .40s into his SIG magazine at the range. Oops. When he pressed the trigger,the entire round flew out of the muzzle, unfired, and landed on the ground at his his feet.
View Quote

I'm having a real hard time getting a visual on this. He simply presses the trigger and the round jumps from the magazine and completely out of the gun? There was no shot fired to cycle the gun to pick up the round from the chamber? Did you see this or is this something that he told you? Do you know how a gun works?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I actually loaded a .40 short&weak in my SIG 220 and it fired.  I pointed it at the target and touched it off expecting the normal blast and recoil. What I got was a weak pop and roughly the recoil of a .22 lr.  The case did partially cycle the gun but stovepiped on ejection.  Me,  being completely stupid,  couldn't figure out what happened for a few moments until I looked at the case and realized the head was MUCH smaller than the body of the case now was.  It had 75% fire formed the case out to the walls of the .45 except in one spot on the side where it stayed the same.  
I felt very relieved that nothing happened to me or my gun and promptly removed all my .40 SW ammo from my range bag and now have two separate bags for the different guns.

It's a tribute to the Federal load I was using that the case didn't split or anything else,  even after all that deformation.  If I can find the case on my messy desk I'll post a pic of it.  It's kind of cool looking.

Crash.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm having a real hard time getting a visual on this. He simply presses the trigger and the round jumps from the magazine and completely out of the gun? There was no shot fired to cycle the gun to pick up the round from the chamber? Did you see this or is this something that he told you? Do you know how a gun works?
View Quote

I know that a .40 case will fit rather nicely inside an empty.45. I have the broken decapping pin to prove it. My question is, if this were possible wouldnt a slide slamming into battery put this round WAY past the reach of a firing pin?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey that MK23 SOCOM pistol is no lightweight either. I think they weigh almost as much as the Pro. Ordnance Carbon 15 rifle.  Or near it.

What do the SEALS carry?  SIGS?  

crash.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I can understand and accept that if there was a .45 cartridge in the chambered and was fired that it is possible (albeit remote) that a .40 loaded in the mag could jump from the mag, into the chamber "area" and then "pop" out of the gun. What I'm having a hard time getting my arms around is the description that when the trigger is pressed (with no mention of a discharge from a chambered round) that a round from the mag would magically jump out. That is unless it is one of those magic guns that HCI talks about that jump up all the time and kill people without anyone touching them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I still say the slide slamming into battery would have shoved that round into the barrel well past the point of being contacted by the firing pin. But don't try it Brou! sounds scary!

Maybe if he tilted the gun back like you did with the pencil, it could have happened
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#33]
SEAls carry the 226.

Comment for the original topic.....Here's a link that may help your "friend" substantiate himself:

[url]http://www.sfahq.com/Special_Forces/Wannabe_Wall/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Picture this:
-Issued weapon for grunts is the SIG P229 in .40.
-Issued weapon for tac guys is the SIG P220 in .45.
-There are some new guys at training whose .45s are still on order, so they are shooting their Patrol weapons.
-It is a training day (lots of running, exertion in the extreme heat), capped off by an afternoon of drills at the range.
-There are several dozen boxes of .40 and .45 open on the table behind the 25 yard line.
-Winchester Ranger .40 and .45 comes in the same size boxes and the little styrofoam trays are the same size.
-.40 and .45 rounds are very similar in dimensions, at a casual glance.
-Shooter loads a fresh magazine, with a .40 on top. Shooter manually cycles the slide, chambering a .40 (165 grain Winchester Ranger SXT, to be precise, instead of its bigger cousin, the 230 grain .45). The round probably should have fallen out then, but did not (probably gravity).
-The line goes hot.
-The hapless shooter presses the trigger. The hammer falls. The firing pin apparently transfers its energy to the base of the round, which is just enough force (maybe working with gravity) to drive the complete, unfired round out of the barrel. It goes about six inches, and falls to the ground in front of our victim.
-A range master calls a cease fire.
-Hapless shooter holsters up and picks up his round.
-He says "oh. It's a forty."
-Everyone laughs a lot and gives him his fair ration of crap. He goes back to the table, empties his magazines, and reloads with .45 (there were a few more .40s hiding in them).
-Everyone also quietly checks their own magazines.

Yes, I personally saw this. I was one of the laughers, who was waiting for my turn to shoot.

Yes, I know how a firearm works.

Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#35]
He's a liar.  When I was in the Special Forces we carried SKS's in 7X57mm Mauser and Raven .25's!

[bounce]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He's a liar.  When I was in the Special Forces we carried SKS's in 7X57mm Mauser and Raven .25's!

[bounce]
View Quote

Was that Double Top Secret Super Duper special forces?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#37]

I think I found your friends unit...

[url]http://www.theonion.com/onion3502/very_special_forces.html[/url]

-SARguy
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought "special forces" included SEALS, rangers, delta force, etc.

They carry whatever the mission calls for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL!  I just put a pen in my .45 and pulled the trigger.  The thing launched across the room a good 10 feet..
View Quote

...running to get my .45 and a pen!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!  I just put a pen in my .45 and pulled the trigger.  The thing launched across the room a good 10 feet..
View Quote

...running to get my .45 and a pen!
View Quote

Well I just tried it with my Sig P228 and a pen, but the pen only launched two feet.[:(]  I guess you .45ACP guys were right....the 9mm is [b]way[/b] underpowered!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I would like to check a gentlemen, who has claimed to be SF, he appears to be very genuine but I just want to be sure.

I do not have a SS# but can give his name and city he lives in and approximate dates of service.  It is very possiable that he was 0-4.

Anybody know how I can check this or can anyone check this for me?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would like to check a gentlemen, who has claimed to be SF, he appears to be very genuine but I just want to be sure.

I do not have a SS# but can give his name and city he lives in and approximate dates of service.  It is very possiable that he was 0-4.

Anybody know how I can check this or can anyone check this for me?
View Quote

Pak,

You get my last email?   Anyway, I can forward his name to a couple of friends and get him checked out.  I'll email you again tonite.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#43]
packrat, go to "cyberseals"...they run a most thorough check.

anyone seen duh-thor around?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
packrat, go to "cyberseals"...they run a most thorough check.

anyone seen duh-thor around?
View Quote

Theres one over at one of the AK sites. Maybe not the same, but talks tough!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#45]
SARguy,
 Nope, didn't receive your email.
 Try again, I'm off for the next two days, so I will be checking in frequently.
 I'm tending to believe he is legit but my professional side, is still holding some doubt until I get a little more confirmation.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[bounce]
View Quote

View Quote

"Gaw-lee, Uncle Jed- me 'n' Dash Riprock- we gonna be double-naught spies!" /;^D
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[bounce]
View Quote

View Quote

"Gaw-lee, Uncle Jed- me 'n' Dash Riprock- we gonna be double-naught spies!" /;^D
View Quote

And frawg men!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Gosh, I'm proud of y'all, but youse sure make me feel inadequate. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[bounce]
View Quote

View Quote

tc6969,

I'm not a retard!  I'm a very special boy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top