Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 7:32:59 PM EDT
Please check out this link to Gun Owners of America http://www.gunowners.org/a012202.htm
and then send your comments to the FAA. The comment period ends February 14.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.gunowners.org/a012202.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
For those of you that haven't done this yet please do. They are taking notice of what we say and ALPA is back to supporting the arming of its pilots so I think we have a decent chance of making this a reality. Thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely do send in your response to this.  It will only help our cause.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
done:

Sirs:
I believe it is in the best interests of the flying public to permit trained aircrew to carry firearms so as to defend themselves, their passengers and the public below them from terroristic acts. Since aircrews are already expected to be well-trained, and since the flying public already trusts their lives to aircrews, I do not forsee any difficulties with public acceptance of this policy, were it to be enacted.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
As an airline pilot that feels it should be my right to carry a firearm while performing my duties as a crew member, thank you to all that have taken the time to let the FAA know what you think about this issue.
Dave
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Come on guys.  File a comment in support of this idea.  The GAO link has a link to a DOT site where you can file a comment electronically.  It is fast and easy. Be polite and thoughtful and check your spelling.  (We're not Neaderthals are we?)  

The reviewers, by law, must consider every submission in enacting the proposed rules.  The reviewers do pay attention to the comments.  

The GAO site has some talking points to help you with your submission.

Another point is that this really helps put the lie to the antis' arguement that guns = bad.  It is hard for them to say that guns save lives on airplanes but take lives on the ground.    
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
"Retaining control of the airplane should be the number one priority of all pilots once inside the cockpit.  A pilot with a firearm has an advantage to one who does not.  He has an effective visual deterrent and strong force multiplier if visual deterrence is not enough.  A pilot trained in the use of his sidearm virtually insures that no individual other than the pilot will be taking control of the aircraft without his permission. Pilots should be allowed to keep and carry their own weapons to promote safe handling and a high comfort level with the weapon at all times.  Proficiency with the weapon should be verified, and practice should be encouraged, if not mandated."

This is the note I want to send, any comments before i do?

wannabe
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]
That sounds great, Wannabe. Time is running out for all of you who haven't made you thoughts known on this matter. Do it now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top