Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 10:53:51 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find it from todays posts.

[url]http://www.majority.com/fop/FAASPOSTER.jpg[/url]

Priceless!

rDAm

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny as hell.

I flew for Thanksgiving.

At Pensacola, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale I saw plenty of National Gaurdsman with their magazines inserted in their M16s.

At Pensacola, they hand searched my Carry-On Luggage and Frisked me. In Fort Lauderdale The woman ran the Wand up and down 4 times. My Belt Buckle set it off. You know what, the only place I didn't see much in the way of Security was Atlanta-Hartsfield. You would think with that mron the other day they would have upped their security. One of My Uncles worked as a Security Gaurd At Hartsfield For a while before he quit becuase the job sucked. Generally, that is a shitty job with lots of turnover and the gaurds aren't the cream of the crop.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Funny as hell.

...the only place I didn't see much in the way of Security was Atlanta-Hartsfield. You would think with that mron the other day they would have upped their security.
View Quote

Really?  huh.  Friend of mine flew the day after that happened, and he said the security line was FOUR HOURS long.  Last time I checked, they don't even let you check in that early.

I'll be flying out of there this Thursday, with my AR no less. (Tromix upper is for sale!)  I'll let you all know what happens.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It amy have been more that they congregate security rather than spreading it out. What I was saying was that in Pensacola and Fort Lauderdale Security Gaurds and National Gaurd were everywhere. Atlanta doesn't seem to think anything'll get by the first line of defense. I moved between 3 different Terminals and didn't see any security at all beyond the main entry point. Nobody in Terminals A, B, or T. In most other airports I have been in, they at least have police roam around the insides of the Terminals. Even if they don't have a security checkpoint at each terminal, they should have somebody other than the airline people inside watching for anything that may go down. I have no problems with a Uniformed Cop, etc. walikng around in the Terminal as a Visual Deterent or to make sure nobody comes in or out "Authorized Access Only" Doors. You may not realize it, but if a person can get on the tarmac with a bomb, etc... they can get it on almost any plane they wish. Once you are on the Tarmac (Unspotted) you can wreak alot of havoc. At many airports, each Terminal has a checkpoint rather than one main checkpoint. This serves several purposes.

1) Reduce waiting time by spreading Security Out.

2) Make sure nobody from a Charter Flight gets into the Delta, United, etc. terminals.

3) Increases security by reducing each of the gaurds load. An overworked gaurd might misss something.

I understand that Atlanta is a major hub and checkpoints at every terminal may be out of the question, but how hard would it be to put some uniforms in the terminals as a deterent and to make sure nobody uses the "Authorized Access nly" Doors to access the Tarmac/Loading Zones.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny as hell.

...the only place I didn't see much in the way of Security was Atlanta-Hartsfield. You would think with that mron the other day they would have upped their security.
View Quote

Really?  huh.  Friend of mine flew the day after that happened, and he said the security line was FOUR HOURS long.  Last time I checked, they don't even let you check in that early.

I'll be flying out of there this Thursday, with my AR no less. (Tromix upper is for sale!)  I'll let you all know what happens.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#5]
BTW, I flew with my AR and 12 Gauge from Pensacola To Miami and Fort Lauderdale To Pensacola. Pensacola was real cool. She asked if it was unloaded. Then, I was given an Orange tag. I even got to bring some ammo. with me. Well, I get to the couinter at Fort Lauderdale and all of the sudden, this counter person is saying the ammo must be in a seperate bag and that bag must be locked, etc... I left my ammo. with family there since it was way too much hassle to take it back. I would've just left them anyways, but I wanted to take a box of Handloads with me to show off. I ended up leaving the Handloads with my parents. Even though, I had the pump pushed back and the chamber open on my shotgun and the bolt carrier and charging handle removed from the AR-15, she still made me show that there was nothing in there. She also acted kinda scared of my guns. I guess that moron in Dallas kinda fucked things up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to give credit to the site, majority.com is apparently the campaign site for Tom Campbell, a CA Libertarian running for the (federal) Senate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just to give credit to the site, majority.com is apparently the campaign site for Tom Campbell, a CA Libertarian running for the (federal) Senate.
View Quote

Thanks 71-Hour, I was not aware of that!

rDAm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top