Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 9:13:24 AM EDT
F18's are ripping over my rooftop as I type - DAMN tinfoil HAT!!!! ITS NOT WORKING! [:D]

Actually, its the Blue Angels. Theres an airshow going on this weekend at the Air National Guard base about 5 minutes from my home. Its like having my own private airshow a couple days in advance. Angels, A10s, C130s, F117 Stealth, B1 and 2's.

Funny thing, back in 95, the 'Thunderbirds' were performing the same weekend as my wedding. Happened to be they were also staying at the same hotel we had the reception at. They all came down to the reception, passed the hat and partied with us - even signed our guestbook!

Ahhh, my own private air superiority [:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Careful, I heard from somebody on the internet that they're part of the UN conspiracy ...

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You haven't seen any black helicopters, have you............

Seen both the T-birds and the Blue Angels over the years.  Neatest part of either show was the C-130 the Angels use (Fat Albert) doing a rato.  The ground shook.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The same thing happend to me a few years back.  My parent's house is about a mile away from Willow Grove Naval Air Station.  It was the first time that the Blue Angels were participating in the air show since we had moved there.  I was sitting in the living room watching tv when the whole house started shaking.  It sounded like the world was ending.  Scared the crap out of me.  Turns out that the Angel's were practicing their 'low' show, and my house was right along the line they flew into the base.  No joke, I can hit a pitching wedge higher than they made some of those passes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
They got me the last time the Angels did the Wings Over Houston show. I was mowing my back yard and they were right over my head before I ever saw or heard them. Scared the mess out me. You wouldn't think something that big and loud could sneak up on you but they did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Boeing in St.Louis.........??

i thot it was McDonnell-Douglas.......??

one of my uncles (by marriage) was one of the engineers on the F4 Phantom project from begining to end..., in fact he retired a few years ago wyth 40 years at "Mac-D"......
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn't Boeing buy out Mcdonnell-Douglas?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Boeing in St.Louis.........??

i thot it was McDonnell-Douglas.......??

one of my uncles (by marriage) was one of the engineers on the F4 Phantom project from begining to end..., in fact he retired a few years ago wyth 40 years at "Mac-D"......
View Quote

[sigh] Alas, McDonnell Douglas is now part of Boeing. Out of all the Airframers in the US they have all consolidated down to LockMart, Boeing, and Northrup-Grumman.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Tin foil hats are ineffective against low flying aircraft.  Didn't you know that?

What you need is metallic chaff, and lots of it.  Just throw it up into the air every time they fly by, and you'll be fine...

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top