Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2011 7:16:49 AM EDT
Does anyone have a lead on a supply broker or a China or Italian zyl acetate producer / manufacturer for eyewear? I am needing to have some eyeglass frames manufactured and wanted to see if anyone has had any dealings w/ any oversea companies or a broker that deals w/ manufacturers for US customers.

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 4:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Zenni...spelling is probably wrong.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
zenni optical

http://www.zennioptical.com/
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
zenni optical

http://www.zennioptical.com/

Thanks but i'm looking for more of manufacturer that can produce 1000+ frames from a mold or prototype.

Nick
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
if you can plan a quick trip to new york their are usually some manufacturers at http://www.visionexpoeast.com/   it is march 18th thru 20th for exhibits

if you can't make that there is visionexpo west later in the year and it is in Las Vegas

If you are going to be making a good quality product you will need someone to travel to China to verify the manufacturing process or you can end up with bad quality control

I'm in the wholesale optical business, have a contact that might be able to help, I was looking into bringing a shooting frame to market and the funds dried up so its on hold.

I would recommend trying to meet someone from the factories at a expo of some sort
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
if you can plan a quick trip to new york their are usually some manufacturers at http://www.visionexpoeast.com/   it is march 18th thru 20th for exhibits

if you can't make that there is visionexpo west later in the year and it is in Las Vegas

If you are going to be making a good quality product you will need someone to travel to China to verify the manufacturing process or you can end up with bad quality control

I'm in the wholesale optical business, have a contact that might be able to help, I was looking into bringing a shooting frame to market and the funds dried up so its on hold.

I would recommend trying to meet someone from the factories at a expo of some sort

I was going to try and make VEE but don't think I will be able to.  I've spoken to several manufacturers in China but like you said, I am not going to take their word on the quality of the product.  I've also decided to shift my focus to Italy and look for quality producers there as the mazzuccelli acetate there is highly sought after.  I just have to find a manufacturer that will work w/ me now.  If you know of any buyers, reps, or brokers that work in this market, I'm all ears!

Nick
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know anyone who is working with Italian manufacturers at this time.  I own a wholesale lens lab, so I deal mostly in lenses, but have been gradually expanding into the frame business.  

I am a distributer for a frame line but it comes from china, and I deal with a guy in Miami that brings the line in from there.  He travels to the manufacturing plant at least twice a year for quality control and lining up new products.  

Good luck with your en devour, hope you find someone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't know anyone who is working with Italian manufacturers at this time.  I own a wholesale lens lab, so I deal mostly in lenses, but have been gradually expanding into the frame business.  

I am a distributer for a frame line but it comes from china, and I deal with a guy in Miami that brings the line in from there.  He travels to the manufacturing plant at least twice a year for quality control and lining up new products.  

Good luck with your en devour, hope you find someone.

Can you tell me, if something like a frame is produced in China, does it have to have the "Made in China" stamp on it or can it be left off?  I'm not completely apposed to dealing w/ someone in China as long as he / she  is reliable.  I've read so many horor stories of people sending money to china to buy manufactured goods and then never recieve their product or recieve something that doesn't even come close to the quality they had agreed upon.

nick
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard that if you have the parts made in china then, assembled in Italy, you can print "assembled in Italy" instead of made in China.  Ive never dealt directly with that, it is only in passing conversations I've heard that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top