Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 11:21:17 AM EDT
So I saw a thing on the F35, super official report and all labeled as unclassified, but export controlled.

Just curious can that legally be posted on the internet? Given that there is no export control on the WWW.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I saw a thing on the F35, super official report and all labeled as unclassified, but export controlled.

Just curious can that legally be posted on the internet? Given that there is no export control on the WWW.
View Quote

When you say controlled what do you mean? What was the specific caveat?

FOUO is not cleared for public release.

Only and ONLY if it says UNCLASSIFIED or it was declassified and cleared for public release is it okay for public viewing.

People think it doesn't matter and you have a right to view anything you want and show it to anyone you want but that's not the case. Information is controlled for a reason. However it is illegal for information to be classified for the sole reason of hiding it and trust me this is taken more seriously than your taxes and you know how anal the gov is about taxes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, not Legal, its covered by ITAR and the US munitions list. You need a license to share the information with non nationals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Give the Department of defense Diterctorare of Trade Controls a call.

Better still give the guys at optmus defense ba callm
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, not Legal, its covered by ITAR and the US munitions list. You need a license to share the information with non nationals.
View Quote

Export controlled typically implies it's covered by ITAR. You do NOT want to mess with ITAR.

It's most likely not even cleared for public release. It should have a distribution statement on it somewhere. If it's not Distribution Statement A, it should not be available to the public in any shape or form.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Its a scan.

F-35A high angle of attack operational maneuvers
14 January 2015
Warning: this document contains data whose export is restricted by the arms export act(or something like that)

Export controlled information
Unclasified FOUO

Just didn't seems like the type of digitally scanned information that should be posted on the internet.

I looked, they either edited or whites out a Dist statement as they did for the test pilots name.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What are you going to do now?

View Quote

I guess the right thing and figure out who to notify.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The FBI if you have no other resource.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you going to do now?

I guess the right thing and figure out who to notify.

The FBI if you have no other resource.

I'll try the DDTC first as suggested and go from there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
One last time to triple check before I call and make a fool of myself to the government.

Top:
Unclassified FOUO
REL TO: US, AU-DOD, CA-DND, DK-MOD, IT-DID, NL-DOD, NO-DOD, TR-MND, UK-MOD (BAE, RR, QQ)

Bottom:
Lockheed Martin proprietary/export controlled information
Export controlled information.

Should not be on the internet, correct?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Its a scan.

14 January 2015
Warning: this document contains data whose export is restricted by the arms export act(or something like that)

Unclasified FOUO

Just didn't seems like the type of digitally scanned information that should be posted on the internet.

I looked, they either edited or whites out a Dist statement as they did for the test pilots name.
View Quote

It's not cleared for public release.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Some gentlemen are coming to see you as you type this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One last time to triple check before I call and make a fool of myself to the government.

Top:
Unclassified FOUO
REL TO: US, AU-DOD, CA-DND, DK-MOD, IT-DID, NL-DOD, NO-DOD, TR-MND, UK-MOD (BAE, RR, QQ)

Bottom:
Lockheed Martin proprietary/export controlled information
Export controlled information.

Should not be on the internet, correct?
View Quote

No it shouldn't be. Report it. Contact your local CI branch on the nearest military installation.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars/html/current/252204.htm#252.204-7012

ETA; somebody should be in serious trouble for that.  If you don't have a security officer that you can go to just PM me and I can help you out.  Was this a publicly available www?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Oops someone's fucked.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars/html/current/252204.htm#252.204-7012  

ETA; somebody should be in serious trouble for that.  If you don't have a security officer that you can go to just PM me and I can help you out.  Was this a publicly available www?
View Quote

Yes it was, originally in one place and picked up by another.

I called DDTC and spoke to someone who gave me his email to send him the information.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I strongly suggest contacting the following organizations, in this order:

1.  The Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls Response Team, (202) 663-1282.
2.  The Lockheed-Martin Ethics HelpLine, 1-800-563-8442
3.  The DOD Inspector General, 800-424-9098
4.  The USAF Inspector General, (800)-538-8429
5.  The New York Times, 1-800-454-3464 (1-800-IKIDING)

And I am serious - contact Defense Distributed. The fed.gov seized their website over 3D printer files for AR-15 lowers. Their counsel might be very interested in seeing how fast this information gets taken down. Their email is  [email protected].

ETA: You get kudos for asking about this, even though the Chinese and Russians probably have it a year ago.

Quoted:
Its a scan.

14 January 2015

Unclasified FOUO

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

1.  The Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls Response Team, (202) 663-1282.

And I am serious - contact Defense Distributed. The fed.gov seized their website over 3D printer files for AR-15 lowers. Their counsel might be very interested in seeing how fast this information gets taken down. Their email is  [email protected].

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Its a scan.

14 January 2015

Unclasified FOUO

Thanks. I already contacted the first one and sent them the emails with links to the websites that have the report posted.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]
China still probably had all the info 3 yrs ago by hacking our systems....
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the help everyone. I contacted DDTC and Lockheed and they said it would get handled.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Ouch, if the document says FOUO or any other acronym after "unclassified" thats no bueno.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow, a quick google search brings said document up quick.....

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Probably from one of Hillary's "unclassified" emails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top