Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 10:18:51 AM EDT
I've read many an editorial this year that was pro- AWB renewal.

HOWEVER, each aritcle lamented that if the ban is renewed military style guns will FLOOD the US again, yet the complain that the law was so poorly written that gun companies are still making slightly different military style guns.

So post ban guns are not military style yet they are at the same time? So all those MTs, VEPRs, XM15s, AR-180s are not "flooding the US" depsite being military style guns according to the editorials??

I am missing something?

CRC
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I am missing something?

CRC
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#2]
They arent going to flood the streets.  They still will cost money they wont be 1 dollar each.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
C'mon, this argument is from the same folks who bemoan the "deadly accuracy" of weapons that can be fired "indiscriminantly from the hip".
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
C'mon, this argument is from the same folks who bemoan the "deadly accuracy" of weapons that can be fired "indiscriminantly from the hip".
View Quote

Fizassist- thanks for setting me straight. I forgot we're not dealing with people who keep their facts straight.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
And god help us if they ever figure out that it's not the tool but the craftsman weilding it.

I can not think of anyone more dangerous than a motivated person willing to think about all the destruction that modern society leaves itself open too.

In Phoenix they had just one unthinking beaucrap who was using his authorized authority to put up road block on one road out of a small city to check that if you were driving without of state of AZ plates that you had out of state driver's lic and weren't trying to avoid paying the high rates charged by arizona. That bottleneck almost caused a riot as traffic backed up for several hours by 7am.

Can't you imagine them roadblocking to check compliance with AWB as you drive home from local range...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a little secret... the market is already "flooded" with "assault weapons."

The situation with AK's, G3's, etc... won't change, due to the '89 import ban that has no sunset.

In the meantime, domestic manufacturers like Bushmaster are selling orders of magnitude more rifles than they were selling pre-'94.  Most of that is because of the '94 ban, and people thinking they should 'get them while they can.'

Dropping the ban won't have much of an effect on rifle sales, I wouldn't think.  The main difference will be that the rifles sold will have bayo lugs and flash hiders again.  The sale of mags and hi-cap pistols will be a different story altogether... UPS will probably have to buy a couple hundred new trucks late next year for all the mail-order mag sales.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
More anti-gun liberal media whining. The Dems/liberals are out of power, and they just can stand it. The original '94 AWB barely passed, and that was with a LOT of arm twisting from Bill Clinton. Then Speaker of the House was unexpectedly defeated, and of course the dems lost control of the House and the Senate since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top