Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/29/2006 8:05:26 AM EST

Yes! He's back with yet another silly question!

While I'm upgrading my home network computers to XP, I've run into an area that I have >No< experience in....AOL's Instant Messenger.

While I've seen my kids using it, followed what they are doing on it, and whom they are talking to....I have never used the program myself. This has not been a problem up to now, but now I need to "Back-up" my daughter's IM files before I wipe the drives to install XP.

Their "Buddy List" is saved at AOL, BUT! they are insisting that I save their "Away Messages" and any others that I need to.

The trouble is, I have no idea Where they are saved, or What files I need to save!
I've given a quick look at the relevant folders, but I have not found the files.

Does anyone know where/how/what files I need to save/back-up?
Or maybe a program to do so?

Thanks Again!
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:14:09 AM EST
I just click "My AIM" at the top of the window and it drops a menu that has "Save Buddy List" that will allow you to save all settings.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:20:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Foxxz:
I just click "My AIM" at the top of the window and it drops a menu that has "Save Buddy List" that will allow you to save all settings.

-Foxxz

Even the "Away messages"?

If so, how do I restore them on the new system? Is there an "Import buddy list" option?

Thanks for the help!

Tall Shadow
Top Top