Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/15/2013 5:07:50 PM EDT
I think Obama will order all FFLs to turn over the 4437 forms to be put into a database. By the time the court strikes it down IF it strikes it down they will already have compiled it all, for the children.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2013 5:10:43 PM EDT by 03PSD]
Pretty useless. All but one gun I completed a 4473 on has long since been traded or sold. To whom I dont recall.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:10:42 PM EDT
Sold'em all at a gun show using that loophole thingy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:13:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 03PSD:
Pretty useless. All but one gun I completed a 4473 on has long since been traded or sold. To whom I dont recall.

Might be teamed up with a universal background check order essentially making private sale only legal through FFL.

I think they might just throw everything they can at it other than a ban and hope some of it survives the court.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:14:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I think Obama will order all FFLs to turn over the 4437 forms to be put into a database. By the time the court strikes it down IF it strikes it down they will already have compiled it all, for the children.

I won't comply.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:15:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AllserviceBilliards:

I won't comply.

I would hope most FFLs would accidentally have a flood in the room where they keep those in response.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:17:22 PM EDT

I won't comply.

I would hope most FFLs would accidentally have a flood in the room where they keep those in response.

And promptly get their licenses revoked?????
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:18:18 PM EDT
"Nuts"
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:18:19 PM EDT
There is no way. 2.8 million from last month alone. Many with multiple purchases and who is going to read all of that sloppy handwriting. Too big of a task to put all of them in a database.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:19:49 PM EDT
Most FFLs will have a tragic boating accident fire.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:20:12 PM EDT
fire is a hot thing.. to paper..

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:21:15 PM EDT
It would take a decade to collect and process millions of forms
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2013 5:24:32 PM EDT by mac130]
40% of my guns are not on a 4473

The other 60% they can register into the evidence room when I'm done.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:22:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ramikin:
Sold'em all at a gun show using that loophole thingy.

Yep, same here, done loopholed them
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:22:19 PM EDT

Might be teamed up with a universal background check order essentially making private sale only legal through FFL.

I think they might just throw everything they can at it other than a ban and hope some of it survives the court.

At this point, I don't give a technicolor fuck about what they deem to be legal. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:23:14 PM EDT

It would only be traceable to guns made after the law was enacted.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:23:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gym88:

Think of the jobs it would create....more than the token ones Wal-Mart is offering Vets
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:23:55 PM EDT

Im sure they could use the tens of thousands of new IRS agents they just hired to speed it up. Not like they care about budgeting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:23:58 PM EDT

This... Sold, traded or lost.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:25:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LarryThePirate:

At this point, I don't give a technicolor fuck about what they deem to be legal. Fuck em.
Amen. I won't comply with a god damned thing. Nothing wrong with me or my firearms and they can shove it up their asses.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:26:03 PM EDT
Against the law.

Not that I expect that will stop anything.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:26:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2013 5:27:02 PM EDT by 15x]

We don't have any of those, so they can order me to do that all they want. We only have 4473's

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:26:15 PM EDT
4473 whats that lol.... FUCK THEM !
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:26:58 PM EDT
Find a full job johney to use as a box to mail them in... Make them sort through that shit...
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:27:05 PM EDT
There's an Act of Congress that prohibits that.

Act of Congress > Executive Order

So, no.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:27:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drwyrm:
Against the law.

I have lost count of the laws this administration has broken. THey are above the law.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:27:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AJK07734:

I won't comply.

Yeah, why not?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:27:22 PM EDT
If you don't believe they already copy bound books and 4473s during compliance checks, you are very naive.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:27:59 PM EDT

Against the law.

I have lost count of the laws this administration has broken. THey are above the law.

Then why bother breaking the law like this? Why not just outlaw guns and be done with it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:28:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gnarlytoes:
If you don't believe they already copy bound books and 4473s during compliance checks, you are very naive.

I don't buy from gun stores for a reason. The fact that paper is sitting there might as well be a registry IMO
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:29:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By born_hard:
There is no way. 2.8 million from last month alone. Many with multiple purchases and who is going to read all of that sloppy handwriting. Too big of a task to put all of them in a database.

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:29:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Snips:

Against the law.

Then why bother breaking the law like this? Why not just outlaw guns and be done with it?
because they don't want to tip the boat over as it cruises to communism.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:30:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AJK07734:

I won't comply.

Probably beats being a quisling.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:30:08 PM EDT

Yup... sold mine after the election - got twice what I paid for them.

Been trying to find parts for a build but there's nothing there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:30:26 PM EDT

I won't comply.

Burning 4473s as the new Boston tea party.

Let the smoke be seen all the way to Washington.

King Barry will no doubt send his redcoats to put down the insurrection.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:30:35 PM EDT
while I am not a Constitutional Scholar, I am pretty sure that the President cannot issue a EO that is in direct violation of US code. USC 922, IIRC.

However; I welcome him to do this. It's time to get this party started.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:30:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By born_hard:

USPS has really good OCR that reads handwritten information all the time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:32:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:32:41 PM EDT
Probably one to limit powder/primer sales as well
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:32:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LarryThePirate:

Amen. I won't comply with a god damned thing. Nothing wrong with me or my firearms and they can shove it up their asses.

Enjoy your stay in federal prison
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:33:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mlr052869:
fire is a hot thing.. to paper..

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:33:50 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:34:09 PM EDT
Of course, over the years, many gun shops have closed down and the paperwork goes to the government. They already have my forms. I don't care about that one bit.

What I care about is a personal registration requirement, one that costs money and that can be revoked on a whim, for any number of reasons. Least of which is a failure to pay the tax on time.

I won't have my government infringing on my rights.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:34:15 PM EDT
Anyone who thinks the government doesn't already have a list is on crack.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:34:28 PM EDT
Sorry Barry but all this gun talk made my guns worth a fortune and I cashed in on the craze.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:35:00 PM EDT

I won't comply.

Take your bound book on an unfortunate boating accident?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:35:18 PM EDT
Enjoy your stay in federal prison

I better never see you post anything about "come and get them", "molon labe", or "from my cold dead hands."

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:35:27 PM EDT
There's a law that specifically forbids creation of a registry.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:35:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:36:26 PM EDT

Against the law.

I wonder if they are above their own law.

Obamacare has a provision, added by Harry Reid, that prohibits the federal government from collecting information on gun purchases by individuals.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:39:30 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top