Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 3:45:59 AM EDT
I was under the impression that Uzi's were banned speciffically by Executive Order by Bush 1 or by Clinton's 98' EO, yet many news blurbs & during a Kerry speech yesterday, they mention that Uzi's are now legal.

Always had an urge to buy an Uzi, are new SA Uzi's going to be available?

I've done a few searches & am still pretty clueless anyone care to enlighten me?

(Have I set a record?  Joined in 01' & this is my first post?)

I lurked the boards & built a frankengun preban AR in 01'
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
That ban is an import ban only. U.S. guns can be made with right number of U.S. parts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, what I was hearing on TV wasn't clicking with what I knew about the executive orders.

I assumed the stuff I was seeing @ the gun shows was all pre ban.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Neither Bush nor Clinton enacted in Executive Orders dealing with our hobby.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought Clinton made the street sweeper and stryker shotguns destructive devices?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
You can go to Vector Arms Uzis & Other Fun Stuff and pick out your new Uzi.   Just find a local dealer to handle the transfer and you're set!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can go to Vector Arms Uzis & Other Fun Stuff and pick out your new Uzi.   Just find a local dealer to handle the transfer and you're set!

HAH, beat you by 2 minutes and 1 second.

Yeah, I noticed that AFTER I posted. [grumble grumble grumble]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought Clinton made the street sweeper and stryker shotguns destructive devices?

Neither Bush nor Clinton enacted in Executive Orders dealing with our hobby.  As in, none, zip.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither Bush nor Clinton enacted in Executive Orders dealing with our hobby. As in, none, zip.

It may not have been an EO [I though it was but cannot locate a EO# under either administration]
but under both Bush 41 and Klinton the powers of the treasury were expanded to give them the control to determine whether a imported weapon meets the "sporting purposes" criteria set forth originally in the GCA 68.
In short yes you can buy a assembled Uzi [or AK, HK etc] provided it meets parts the 922(r)parts count.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the Vector links, I'll prob buy local here in TX, just have to be patient till they cough up some mini's with folding stocks.

What do the Secret Service carry nowdays?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It may not have been an EO [I though it was but cannot locate a EO# under either administration]
but under both Bush 41 and Klinton the powers of the treasury were expanded to give them the control to determine whether a imported weapon meets the "sporting purposes" criteria set forth originally in the GCA 68.
In short yes you can buy a assembled Uzi [or AK, HK etc] provided it meets parts the 922(r)parts count.

Firearms imports are conditional based on the "sporting clause" since the GCA of 1968, 18 USC section 925(d)(3).  The GCA of 1968 gave this authority to the "Secretary".
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Street Sweepers were declared a DD by BATF Ruling 94-1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top