Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2015 8:55:49 PM EDT

The report did not mention Islamic State, as the fact-finding mission was not mandated to assign blame, but diplomatic sources said the chemical had been used in the clashes between Islamic State and another rebel group taking place in the town at the time.

"It raises the major question of where the sulfur mustard came from," one source said. "Either they (IS) gained the ability to make it themselves, or it may have come from an undeclared stockpile overtaken by IS. Both are worrying options."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/05/us-mideast-crisis-syria-chemicalweapons-idUSKCN0SU2PZ20151105#s8GYHUArpP3ye2UQ.97

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sucks for those involved but not as concerning to me as frozen vaginas.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
But, but.....Russia made sure Assad got rid of all his chemical weapons. John Kerry said so.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I'm sure those mutts figured out how to make chemical agents. Old stockpile from Iraq . Can't wait for them to use it on the Russians (and not us). That, and the plane, should make them really angry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sucks for those involved but not as concerning to me as frozen vaginas.
View Quote

You can get them by the bag now if you don't mind imports.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Syrian rebels? Isn't that the side we are supporting? If so between this and the jet downing it looks like Russia is more justified to be there than we are. It seems a little convenient. It also seems like the situation over there is a clusterfuck of biblical promotions.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
"Fact finders" who aren't there to "assign blame." Because pointing out who used the gas would be...too factual.

Man 1: Ello. I am Hans Obershortser. I am a FACT FINDER! My job is to FIND FACTS! I am velly velly important and well paid!

Man 2: Yes, hello. My name is Burl Smedlington. I'm an idiot finder. I find idiots. Hold still while I take your picture, please.

Man 1:
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm sure those mutts figured out how to make chemical agents. Old stockpile from Iraq . Can't wait for them to use it on the Russians (and not us). That, and the plane, should make them really angry.
View Quote

All it takes is an undergraduate level organic chemistry textbook and the chemical name and you're in business.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All it takes is an undergraduate level organic chemistry textbook and the chemical name and you're in business.

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

As I recall, ISIS took some refineries in Iraq a while back.  All they need is there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Syrian rebels? Isn't that the side we are supporting? If so between this and the jet downing it looks like Russia is more justified to be there than we are. It seems a little convenient. It also seems like the situation over there is a clusterfuck of biblical promotions.
View Quote

The report doesn't name ISIS directly, but they were used by ISIS against the FSA (Syrian rebels.)
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I recall, ISIS took some refineries in Iraq a while back.  All they need is there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Or even better, a pesticide plant.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]
From July 9, 2014

Isis seizes former chemical weapons plant in Iraq

According to the report, bunker 41 contained 2,000 empty 155mm artillery shells contaminated with the chemical warfare agent mustard, 605 one-tonne mustard containers with residues, and heavily contaminated construction material. It said the shells could contain mustard residues that cannot be used for chemical warfare but remain highly toxic.

Gaurdian
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Did that cross zero's 'red line'?  Not that the little pole smoker would do anything about it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe it was more Iraq weapons the left say don't exist

Chemical weapons discovered in Iraq; Washington Post says they don’t count

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe it was more Iraq weapons the left say don't exist

Chemical weapons discovered in Iraq; Washington Post says they don’t count

View Quote

Kinda what I was leaning towards...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top