Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 2:30:24 PM EDT
Oh man, for the last couple years, my right shoulder has been giving me some grief.   Threw a LOT of baseballs pitching (lots of curve balls, which I was told at the time will hurt your arm later in life, but, I never listened) in my younger day, and now, my right shoulder bugs me.   I can't throw a ball 100 feet now without it hurting..........actually, I always know my shoulder is "there" when i pick stuff up.   Starting to worry me a little.

What do u do to try and make your shoulder better?

Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Only two things will heal one's shoulder/rotator cuff: complete rest from sports/throwing or some serious anti-inflammatories. I blew up my rotator cuff by once playing a bunch of raquetball in one day & it still bothers me 20 years later when I play softball & try to throw long/hard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
you have to rest completely.
Then find yourself a shoulder horn and use it for exercises to build shoulder strength.
Stretching is also key, you have to get the muscles warm and blood flowin.

Natron
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Having seen the video, BHO will not have this problem  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Tore my rotator cuff back in '78 and my pitching career ended right then.

It still hurts to this day when I try to throw something.

HH
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I wore my shoulder(s) out from football. Had to get a steroid shot four years ago followed by complete rest. They got better, but I know it's only because I'm not poking the beehive anymore (throwing or hitting shit).
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Catcher to college and football through college.  Two shoulder surgeries and more to come.  I played in a roy hobbs senior baseball legue the last two years and my throwdown is pretty weak ;-)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I pitched alot through high school and a little after and my right shoulder always hurt like hell.   When I turned 23 or 24 I finally went and had it checked out.  I have 2 or 3 tendons tore loose from my shoulder/rotator that connect to my back.  Doc told me to give up throwing and just start DHing.  He said that if I never threw a ball again it would not need any fixing surgically.  Now I have a 8 year old and it seems all I do is throw with him comstantly.  I will just suffer through it though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Played HS Ball and then dislocated my right shoulder "horsing" around the squad bay. Yeah, it gives me trouble to this day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to warm-up thoroughly or I am in pain.  And even then there is discomfort if I throw much.  At least I skipped football in school and am still able to walk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top