Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 2:30:24 PM EDT
Oh man, for the last couple years, my right shoulder has been giving me some grief. Threw a LOT of baseballs pitching (lots of curve balls, which I was told at the time will hurt your arm later in life, but, I never listened) in my younger day, and now, my right shoulder bugs me. I can't throw a ball 100 feet now without it hurting..........actually, I always know my shoulder is "there" when i pick stuff up. Starting to worry me a little.

What do u do to try and make your shoulder better?

Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:20:41 PM EDT
Only two things will heal one's shoulder/rotator cuff: complete rest from sports/throwing or some serious anti-inflammatories. I blew up my rotator cuff by once playing a bunch of raquetball in one day & it still bothers me 20 years later when I play softball & try to throw long/hard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:27:16 PM EDT
you have to rest completely.
Then find yourself a shoulder horn and use it for exercises to build shoulder strength.
Stretching is also key, you have to get the muscles warm and blood flowin.

Natron
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:29:20 PM EDT
Having seen the video, BHO will not have this problem
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:30:05 PM EDT
Tore my rotator cuff back in '78 and my pitching career ended right then.

It still hurts to this day when I try to throw something.

HH
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:31:17 PM EDT
I wore my shoulder(s) out from football. Had to get a steroid shot four years ago followed by complete rest. They got better, but I know it's only because I'm not poking the beehive anymore (throwing or hitting shit).
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:52:09 PM EDT
Catcher to college and football through college. Two shoulder surgeries and more to come. I played in a roy hobbs senior baseball legue the last two years and my throwdown is pretty weak ;-)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:00:23 PM EDT
I pitched alot through high school and a little after and my right shoulder always hurt like hell. When I turned 23 or 24 I finally went and had it checked out. I have 2 or 3 tendons tore loose from my shoulder/rotator that connect to my back. Doc told me to give up throwing and just start DHing. He said that if I never threw a ball again it would not need any fixing surgically. Now I have a 8 year old and it seems all I do is throw with him comstantly. I will just suffer through it though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:00:42 PM EDT
Played HS Ball and then dislocated my right shoulder "horsing" around the squad bay. Yeah, it gives me trouble to this day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:23:09 PM EDT
I need to warm-up thoroughly or I am in pain. And even then there is discomfort if I throw much. At least I skipped football in school and am still able to walk.
Top Top