Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 1:31:16 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/21/ex-california-state-senator-gets-prison-for-taking-bribes.html

A corrupt demoncrap? Say it isn't so.

Partial text:

LOS ANGELES – Former California state Sen. Ron Calderon was sentenced Friday to 3½ years in prison in a corruption scandal in which he acknowledged taking bribes in exchange for his influence in Sacramento.

U.S. District Court Judge Christina Snyder imposed the sentence in Los Angeles after listening to Calderon emotionally ask to remain under house arrest or "at least get me home to my family sooner."

Federal prosecutors had asked for a 5-year prison term in a blistering brief that mocked Calderon for making false and misleading claims about bribes he accepted and distorting his previous admissions in court.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:37:16 AM EDT
When is the FBI going to get around to charging the currently sitting politicians?
Comey must be getting bored, not having anyone to make excuses for and then ignore.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:40:12 AM EDT
I almost feel like it's a prerequisite for CA dems.

The application must say:
"Do you intend to be charged and convicted of corruption in the future?"
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:47:57 AM EDT
One gets caught...and a slap on the wrist.

For the rest of the democrats...business as usual.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:05:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2016 5:06:18 AM EDT by ml2150]
One has to dig 1/2 way into the article to see this piece of floating shit was a democrat.

I think we should have public executions for elected officials who take bribes or use their office for gain.

Or at least public floggings, then stripping of pensions, then imprisonment.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:13:29 AM EDT
The worst thing is this POS will get out in half the time, run for higher office and win in a landslide. Par for the course for DemocRATS.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:17:44 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ml2150:
One has to dig 1/2 way into the article to see this piece of floating shit was a democrat.

I think we should have public executions for elected officials who take bribes or use their office for gain.

View Quote

Why bother to prosecute the scum at all? Corruption is so imbedded in our culture/society that it is commonplace and almost a badge of courage. It is our way of life and only the guppies are punished.

For slugs like Hussein, the Clintons, Lynch, Comey, their staff and many other "officials" in Gov't. lying, cheating and corruption in general is a means to an end for which there is no justice.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:43:12 AM EDT

View Quote

I had zero doubt he was dem. And I like the way you roll -- wish you were his judge... 3.5 yrs
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:35:14 AM EDT

View Quote
Nice.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:39:35 AM EDT
3.5 year vacation at club fed doesn't sound real rough. Poor baby.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:44:01 AM EDT
They must have just forgot the (D) behind him name.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:45:18 AM EDT
Calderon simply did not send enough tribute money uphill to the right people to stay off the radar.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:54:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Partisan:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/21/ex-california-state-senator-gets-prison-for-taking-bribes.html

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2016/10/21/ex-california-state-senator-gets-prison-for-taking-bribes/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1477085067594.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Partial text:

LOS ANGELES – Former California state Sen. Ron Calderon was sentenced Friday to 3½ years in prison in a corruption scandal in which he acknowledged taking bribes in exchange for his influence in Sacramento.

U.S. District Court Judge Christina Snyder imposed the sentence in Los Angeles after listening to Calderon emotionally ask to remain under house arrest or "at least get me home to my family sooner."

Federal prosecutors had asked for a 5-year prison term in a blistering brief that mocked Calderon for making false and misleading claims about bribes he accepted and distorting his previous admissions in court.
View Quote

Looks like he spent all his bribe money on dessert.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:23:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TEOTWAWKI:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2016/10/21/ex-california-state-senator-gets-prison-for-taking-bribes/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1477085067594.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Partial text:

Nah.
He's a politician.
He earmarked some of the money to spend on young/male pages.
It's just a question of the percentage split.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:50:19 AM EDT
I guess he can share a cell and be butt buddies with leland yee.

Another one down, sooooo many more to go.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:05:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2016 11:06:37 AM EDT by Chaingun]
Calderon, like Yee, is such a well respected voice in the community, henceforth serving the government with distinction, they will let him out early
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:43:56 PM EDT
When will Hillary be brought to trial?

Pay for play.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:45:32 PM EDT

Partial text:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:49:06 PM EDT
Meanwhile Leland Yee has served six mos on a 5 yr vacation already.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:53:14 PM EDT
It is assumed a California politician is a democrat. Especially a senator. It is nearly always true.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:58:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kaos:
When is the FBI going to get around to charging the currently sitting politicians?
Comey must be getting bored, not having anyone to make excuses for and then ignore.
View Quote

If I were in charge, the FBI would have a special unit whose sole job would be to root out corruption among politicians and government employees at every level (federal, state, county, local). It would be outside the normal DoJ chain of command and would look at everyone in government, from legislators to judges to governors and mayors to lobbyists and everyone in-between.

Upon conviction, the only penalty would be drawing and quartering in front of government buildings with government employee required to watch. Turning state's evidence and testifying against corruption would get the offender life at hard labor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:00:11 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Partial text:

I was going to say it looks like most of the bribes were with Twinkies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:02:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 338winmag:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 338winmag:

Partial text:

He gets comped at the local Krispy Kreme. He waddles in, orders a couple dozen and a Diet Coke to go, and gorges himself on his way to breakfast.
Top Top