BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only thing I'm short on is 9mm and I can not find wolf or brown bear 9mm anywhere.  

Just ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm 124gr FMJ boollets for $88.

I'm gonna be a reloading fool.

Where from?  I need to order some 9mm for my bench.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Panic buying plus Christmas = low inventory.  

No ban is gonna happen, and you'll see a shit ton of lowers at low prices soon enough.

When the first AWB happened, there was no internet and the number of ARs in private hands was tiny compared to now.  There are MILLIONS of AR-15s in civilian hands.  Outlawing them now is simply impractical legislation.  The AR is one of the most, if not THE most popular sport rifle in America.  A ban and confiscation would be the largest of its kind anywhere in the world.  There aren't the resources to do it, they know most wouldn't comply with it, and they'd be criminalizing literally millions of people overnight.    It would be an outright disaster.

It simply is NOT going to pass Congress...there aren't anywhere near the votes.  House or Senate.  And when the thing is actually in committees and testimony is happening, if it ever gets that far, the reality is that the legislation is doomed to failure.

And nobody is going to want this to come to a vote before the mid term elections anyways.  If anything, you have 2 years before this becomes a real issue.

If anything, we as gun owners have done our jobs by buying these in record numbers, making it the genie you can't out back in the bottle.

Have you read the newspaper or turned on the TV or Radio since last Friday?

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

All these arfcommers who post the "sky is falling" gifs in jest are only fooling themselves.

Quoted:

I'd say give it a couple weeks for teh frenzy to build up even more with teh rumor mills.

You think gun ban rumor mills are going to happen in the next couple weeks?   I say LAWS WILL BE SIGNED before the end of the year!

Friday was the perfect storm the anti's have been waiting for.  A horrenous act that will push all but the most hard-core pro-gun folks over the fence.  The bills have been written for years, sitting in the top drawer of Diane Feinstin's desk.  They were ONLY waiting for THIS to happen.

It HAS happened.  IT IS REAL.  IT IS COMING... SOON.

We had a decent run while it lasted but MAKE NO MISTAKE.  It's over.

Keep Calm: Congress and the Senate are all on break. No new legislation will  happen until next year, if at all.  Americans will quickly forget this.

Americans will quickly forget this?  PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
no exaggeration I did two weeks worth of business today. We have NEVER been this busy, the elections were nothing compared to this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
no exaggeration I did two weeks worth of business today. We have NEVER been this busy, the elections were nothing compared to this.

Local gunshop?
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local gunshop?

wholesaler/distributor whatever you want to call it
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
My friend's shop had close to 500 ARs in stock before the election, tonight I counted what he had left. He is down to less than 50 ARs in 5.56, and maybe a half-dozen .308 AR pattern rifles. Maybe a half dozen AKs left. Today alone they sold more than 40 ARs. Nothing in the supply chain either, by the weekend they will be sold out, probably sooner.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
"Democrats"..doing their best for the firearms industry"!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Brownells had PMAGS right up until I checked out. Midway is limiting to two each. My wife is getting a Sig 556 for Christmas. She needs her own mags. Hands off of mine
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only thing I'm short on is 9mm and I can not find wolf or brown bear 9mm anywhere.  

Just ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm 124gr FMJ boollets for $88.

I'm gonna be a reloading fool.

Buy 9mm boolits?
Tonight the kids and I loaded up a bucketful of 124gr that we casted ourselves. Gotta love those 6 cavity molds...

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They'll be more

I wonder how many lowers a month the bigger manufacturers can produce?
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Trying to finish a build. all I have left to buy is the lower. I was waiting for a deal but now i just want to get it bought. So far I have found no reasonably priced stripped lowers in stock. My price range $100-120. If you hear of any available let me know.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Trying to finish a build. all I have left to buy is the lower. I was waiting for a deal but now i just want to get it bought. So far I have found no reasonably priced stripped lowers in stock. My price range $100-120. If you hear of any available let me know.

Don't know where in WI you are but if you get down to the southeast give Midwest Industries a call, they had tons of lowers in your price range a couple weeks back in store.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I didn't panic in 08, not gonna panic in 12-13. Will be looking out for people selling their shit in a few months though.

God.. I hope your right.

We hold the House so mabey we will be okay.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Wally World here still had a few different AR models on the rack, and ammo on the shelves.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know where in WI you are but if you get down to the southeast give Midwest Industries a call, they had tons of lowers in your price range a couple weeks back in store.

They had two this morning. I bought one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in one shop this weekend, ban com plant PSA complete lowers for $499. And they'll get it!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was in one shop this weekend, ban com plant PSA complete lowers for $499. And they'll get it!

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looked around at some of the major online retailers. Every stripped lower is "Sold Out."  At least the ones I want. Hopefully all the Industry guys are working overtime.

Local gun shop I went to today. No Mags or BCG's
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't say I blame them, supplies are non-existent. Sales are great now, they will suck in two weeks when there are only hunting rifles and sporting clays guns on the shelf. They will still have overhead and payroll to meat, but on a lot less product.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had two this morning. I bought one.
Haha, this is getting crazy, maybe the world will end on Friday.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#24]
It's probably easier and faster to buy a milling machine and make a lower than it is to buy one right now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Brownells had PMAGS right up until I checked out. Midway is limiting to two each. My wife is getting a Sig 556 for Christmas. She needs her own mags. Hands off of mine

Upcoming thread title:  "My husband refuses to share his magazines.  Should I eject?"
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looked around at some of the major online retailers. Every stripped lower is "Sold Out."  At least the ones I want. Hopefully all the Industry guys are working overtime.

just bought a Noveseke 300blk 8" barrel at midway.....was suprised to find one that easy....
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#27]
LaRue has GEN3 PMAGs w/window in stock.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#28]
My personal belief (wish) is the Dems are just blowing hot air.  Clearly the people want guns, and there are a ton of Congress critters that are going to be out of work if this passes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I walked into an almost empty space today, 2 FDE  Pmags hanging from the peg, guy on phone was shouting new price for 193 to his co worker..

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I hate these fucking threads

+1
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I love this GIF.

Luckily I have all the lowers I need for the forseeable future.  You might want to buy some 80%s for insurance if you can't get ahold of any.  I bought a few mags, that's about it.  Local store was busy but they seemed to have a good stock of lowers and mags.

ETA - Also re-upped my NRA membership.  How do I get my eagle?

You have too be a life memeber.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#33]
NRA Member
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just purchased #10 GEN3 PMAGs w/window from Larue. They still got them in stock.

I hope thats true.  I must have been under a rock this weekend cause I didnt hear about any of this till i got to work at noon.  I ordered 5 223 mags and 3 308 mags  when i woke up around 7am cause i forgot to order some on friday.  now i just hope i get that order.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hasn't it been like this for a couple 48+ months now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#37]

There is a better one of a guy losing it at his desk!  Fucking hilarious'

Someone please re post

it.

!

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Went to my local LGS today and could not find a single parking spot and there was a line of cars out onto the main drag waiting to get in Decided not to go in but people were coming out with arms and hands full of ammo, mags, rifles and handguns
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just purchased #10 GEN3 PMAGs w/window from Larue. They still got them in stock.

I hope thats true.  I must have been under a rock this weekend cause I didnt hear about any of this till i got to work at noon.  I ordered 5 223 mags and 3 308 mags  when i woke up around 7am cause i forgot to order some on friday.  now i just hope i get that order.

When I ordered 5 windowed Gen 3's I think the stock was >400, that was last night.

ETA from 44Mag.com

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bet the next gun show will be interesting. Almost worth the price of admission to watch the herp-derp.

no fucking way i'd fight those crowds for any amount of jerky and smoked cheese

Yeah I doubt there will be anything left to sell by next months gun show around here anyway.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My personal belief (wish) is the Dems are just blowing hot air.  Clearly the people want guns, and there are a ton of Congress critters that are going to be out of work if this passes.
The Dems would eat their own, if they can further their agenda. So be it, if a few of their compatriots loose their jobs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Dems would eat their own, if they can further their agenda. So be it, if a few of their compatriots loose their jobs.

There are still a ton of sheep out there who piss themselves at the thought of a musket, much less an AR15. They vote too.

Look who just won re-election.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Today was considerably worse than Black Friday was last month.  People calling it Black Monday, and everything else...we sold virtually everything, continuously, every second of every minute we were open, and some more besides.

Out of the distributors I mainly deal with, magazines are virtually non-existent.  The stockpile of 40-50,000 PMags that were on-hand a week or two back?  Gone.  Self defense ammo in common centerfire calibers?  Evaporated.  ARs in any pattern, any configuration?  Fucking vanished.  A quick search of one distributor lists 1748 products for rifles, but only 361 are in stock right now...
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Today was considerably worse than Black Friday was last month.  People calling it Black Monday, and everything else...we sold virtually everything, continuously, every second of every minute we were open, and some more besides.

Out of the distributors I mainly deal with, magazines are virtually non-existent.  The stockpile of 40-50,000 PMags that were on-hand a week or two back?  Gone.  Self defense ammo in common centerfire calibers?  Evaporated.  ARs in any pattern, any configuration?  Fucking vanished.  A quick search of one distributor lists 1748 products for rifles, but only 361 are in stock right now...

Sounds like someone is arming for a rebellion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The stockpile of 40-50,000 PMags that were on-hand a week or two back?  Gone.  .

Holy shit.

Magpul better be cranking up their injection molding machines. They managed to just barely get caught up with demand after a few months in 2008.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I cannot believe the number of people on here that dont think the ban is coming. Listen to the news, talk radio etc.... I have heard many "former" gun supporters both liberal AND conservative saying that we dont need these "assault" weapons. I wish it wasnt gonna happen BUT it is. I didnt panic in 08 but I am now!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't beleive we'll see a ban anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I cannot believe the number of people on here that dont think the ban is coming. Listen to the news, talk radio etc.... I have heard many "former" gun supporters both liberal AND conservative saying that we dont need these "assault" weapons. I wish it wasnt gonna happen BUT it is. I didnt panic in 08 but I am now!!!!

The absolute worst thing they could come up with is registration and no transfers, IMO.  I don't think you'd see mass protests or anything as everyone gets to keep their stuff.  In 50 or 60 years, they'll all be gone, without a whimper.

If they do something I *hope* it's an outright ban, Mr. and Mrs. America turn them all in.  That would get people off their asses.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Went to academy sporting goods to pick up a few things.  Got a Ruger LCP380 for my wife, some ammo in 380, 9mm, .40 s&w, .45acp but they had no .22lr or .223.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top