Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 1:11:26 PM EDT
Hello-

Some of you may remember this thread: Dropped AR in Creek for 12 Days

I suffered a tragic boating accident, really I did, and recovered my AR from the bottom of a creek 12 days later. The sight I was using was an EOTech 512. The pictures were lost from the thread, but here are some before and after photos:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

As you can see, the EOTech still worked after being submerged for almost 2 weeks in freezing water and the AR fired fine after disassembly and cleaning.

Now, to the point. With the vouchers being handed out because of the EOTech lawsuit, we have another unique opportunity to do some real-world testing. I propose to everyone who is going to throw away their voucher out of disgust for EOTech, consider sending me the code. I want to replicate what happened to my rifle in that creek and I want to try it with a newer generation EOTech sight.

I will mount a new EOTech to my AR and throw it in the creek again. Yes, you read that right, I will throw my AR into a creek. I will do this when the water is just starting to freeze and leave it for a minimum of 2 weeks. I will do it with the bolt closed and a magazine inserted so I can also do a reliability check afterward. I will also do range testing with a cooler full of dry ice and a portable heater to try to simulate temperature changes as best as I can. All of this will be video recorded and produced for the members here at ARFCom.

I already have 3 members who have graciously donated their voucher codes and I would like to get enough to at least get a 512 for testing. Once I have enough vouchers, I will contact EOTech. We have a large contingent of shooters here and I think a test like this would be in the interest of the members and EOTech.

Please consider this request and hopefully we can make this happen together. If anyone has any questions, please contact me.

Thank you

PKT1106
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Call me a skeptic, but I doubt EOTech is going to allow multiple voucher codes to purchase an optic straight up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call me a skeptic, but I doubt EOTech is going to allow multiple voucher codes to purchase an optic straight up.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Give me a free EOTech because I want another one even though I already have one.

How about we don't.

Fucking millennials.

(If EOTech allows multiple vouchers at once, donate them to an actual charity instead.  One that buys off-road wheelchairs for amputees or takes disabled kids on hunting trips)
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Totally valid point, but nowhere on the voucher letter does not say only one code per person. Also, to protect themselves, they have to assume all vouchers will be used. What's the difference if 20 people use 20 codes or 1 person uses 20 codes? I this k it would just go to further the bad feeling toward EOTech if they couldn't work with me on this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have a code, but I would really like to see some actual testing on the "new" EOtechs. Free bump
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Speaking of vouchers anybody got one they don't want?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Give me a free EOTech because I want another one even though I already have one.

How about we don't.

Fucking millennials.

(If EOTech allows multiple vouchers at once, donate them to an actual charity instead.  One that buys off-road wheelchairs for amputees or takes disabled kids on hunting trips)
View Quote
I do not have an EOTech anymore. I sent mine back when this whole debacle got started. And if you don't want to participate, that's quite alright. I figured it was a good way to have a member of ARFCom do some testing rather than the company telling us to take their word for it.

Is 35 years old millennial?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't have a code, but I would really like to see some actual testing on the "new" EOtechs. Free bump
View Quote
Thank you. That is the idea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Speaking of vouchers anybody got one they don't want?
View Quote
I'm third in line for people to give me a free EOTech!!

...for testing... and shit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll sell you my voucher for $15, cash money
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
So you are knowingly going to leave you firearm somewhere not on your property to come back to it 2 weeks later? 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So you are knowingly going to leave you firearm somewhere not on your property to come back to it 2 weeks later? 
View Quote
The creek were I lost my rifle the first time runs through my In-laws property. My father in law would keep an eye on it and help me out with anything I needed. It would be the same this time, except it would be tethered.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#14]
You can have mine, only if your video ends with you smashing the unit with a sledghammer.

ETA - Eotech made me whole during refunds and everything I have has aimpoints already so the voucher is worthless to me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m Interested in conducting some tests as well. Send me your vouchers so I can get free eotechs in order to see how much I can sell them for. Really curious to see what the going rate is on these products firsthand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I do not have an EOTech anymore. I sent mine back when this whole debacle got started. And if you don't want to participate, that's quite alright. I figured it was a good way to have a member of ARFCom do some testing rather than the company telling us to take their word for it.

Is 35 years old millennial?
View Quote
Lol buy your own shit to "test"

And yes, 35 is a mellinnial.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#18]
See above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top