Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:50:04 PM EDT
Quick background history: bought G19 six months ago, slide fails to lock back on final shot in mag occasionally right out of box... But was shooting some crappy reloads the first time and figured that was the problem. Next month, bring WWB with me to range, same deal, happens everytime now. Must be bad mag right? Next month, order 4 extra mags online, bring to range with several different types of ammo. Same thing, field strip, clean, same... Bring to gunsmith, gunsmith tells me I need to "break in my glock" Leave asshat gunsmith mentioning that it's a GLOCK not a freak'n custom 1911.

Go to different gunsmith who notices that the polymer frame seems warped and it's bent precisely where the slide catch is located. Sure enough you look close enough you can even see the bulge. SO! Back to where I bought it...

Well, the Sport's Authority is sending my G19 back to GLOCK for me, but they didn't have a clue how long to expect it to be or how to even check on the status of my handgun at the factory... Anybody know any phone #'s or emails I can use on Monday to make sure my baby gets there ok and maybe talk to someone before they just throw a new mag in a box and send it back to me?

EPOCH

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:54:38 PM EDT
Glock supposedly has excellent customer service.

If your frame is indeed warped, they will send you a new pistol.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2005 12:55:30 PM EDT by VoodooChile]
I sent a g29 back a few years ago for a failure to eject problem that a lot of other g29s were having...I called about 2 weeks later to have them put nightsights on it...They told me it was too late they had already shipped it back...it arrived an hour later via UPS.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2005 12:59:58 PM EDT by EPOCH96]

Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
I sent a g29 back a few years ago for a failure to eject problem that a lot of other g29s were having...I called about 2 weeks later to have them put nightsights on it...They told me it was too late they had already shipped it back...it arrived an hour later via UPS.

Hmmm.... was actually going to that when it came back, but now that you mention it [scuries off to find 1-800 number for GLOCK]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:01:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EPOCH96:

Originally Posted By VoodooChile:

Hmmm.... was actually going to that when it came back, but now that you mention it [scuries off to find 1-800 number for GLOCK]

Should cost about $60 IIRC
Top Top