Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2001 6:51:54 AM EDT
I help out an elderly couple who owns a sporting goods store a couple evenings a week. As I'm there working one of our many "south of the border friends" comes in and in broken english asks "who own red car out there". Instantly I knew guy was talking about my 3000gt vr-4 with the emaculate Testarossa Red paint job on it. I asked why he wanted to know, he said that he back into it!! [pissed]

How he hit it I'll never know. I'm one of those guys that parks out in the middle of no where to avoid getting dinged. Luckily he wasn't going very fast and it just hit the black part of my rubber moulding. If he would have realized I was packing my delta elite 10mm maybe he wouldn't have even come in to tell me.[rocket]

Anyways he says " no cops, how much" well I could have been a jerk and said $500 but I didn't. I just wish I had my lifted jeep that day. He would have broken his window out when my bumper slammed through it.

And they say gun owners are dangerous.

idaho-ar15
(edited to make it pc)
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I know that you are angry, but please reconsider your derogatory comments about this fellow's nationality.

He [b]did[/b] voluntarily come in and admit the accident, and offered to pay.  That says a lot about his character.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
bud is on the mark!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
bud, I feel the only reason he came in was becuase 3 other customers where outside and saw him do it. Nothing like a little peer pressure to do the right thing.

I have to deal with these people day in and day out. When ever you see an accident %90 percent of the time I can guess who's in it. Quoted from 3 of my LEO friends!!

At least I didn't call them several of the other more popular terms used on here.
sorry if I affended.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
He came in.

Regardless of how many people saw it, he could have driven off, which would have been the standard accepted practice of today.

He parked his car, came in to a GUNSTORE and offered to pay for it.

He's the real man here.  

Kudos to him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It seems that I always get hit by people with NO INSURANCE. By all races and colors!!! No discriminaton here!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Goet, if it would have been an empty parking lot I doubt he would have come in.

For your clarification a sporting goods store doesn't have to sell guns to be a sporting goods shop. This is just a high end climbing and backpacking shop.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Why do all of you guys go crazy when ever a race issue gets involved?  Who cares if this guy is racist or not, cause I sure as hell don't give a damn.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Snob!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#9]
OH! OH! Don't get me started about someone hitting or vandalizing my car + my 10 Speeds.
my Car and truck both were vandalized and hit +
ran. and this is were the Cops really pisses me off too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
In Georgia, and the accident occurs on private property, each party must pay for their own damages, regardless of fault.

Grrr...  Yes, it has happened to me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In Georgia, and the accident occurs on private property, each party must pay for their own damages, regardless of fault.

Grrr...  Yes, it has happened to me.
View Quote

It is the same way in DC (District of Criminals), but for the whole area.  Not just private property.   I try to never drive in DC.

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Waldo, please re-read my original post. I was payed nothing. I declined the offer.

What I am venting on is that some people have no buisness driving!! It's not the race thing I'm harping on, it's other members here. I am just giving a detailed description of the events.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Waldo, Did the co-worker not pay you the actual damages? If not I think one day I would have walked by his car ever so admiring it as several of my keys gently ripped the shit out of his paint.

I had a truck just out of the paint shop and was parked at the local library waiting for my brother, some white trash wench in a mile long boat that was in varying shades of primer "attempts" to parrallel park behind me. After 5 min of attempts I feel a gentle nundge and look back, yup she tapped my truck. I got out maybe a spot as big around as a pencil eraser. Wouldn't have been a big deal because most of the spot was able to be rubbed out with my thumb, never the less, I shot her the "eye", she gets out and just says sarcasticly " I barely touched it". I was going to let it go if she would have apologized or was even remotely sorry. I replied, "you didn't just get a new paint job and you drive a piece of shit. Why would you care, learn how to drive bitch." If I had not been in a hurry I would have called the cops just for the phuck of it to make it tough for her. I still wish I had done it and been late to work. I STILL look for that car. I feel your pain.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Your lucky I had a brand new truck that was white and the along comes the garbage man and hits my truck with one of thou big garbage dumps that you see at businesses (I was at work at the spot that I was assigned to park at.) I came out and said what they hell and wrote down the licenses plate. This guy told me that I should have not parked there. So I called his boss he said the same thing to me. I called the cop they said they could do nothing. I told my boss he said he could do nothing. I called the insurances company they said that they could not do a thing since there was not ticket issued. So there I was with a Truck that was 2 days old and a 3 foot scratch that was 2 inches wide along the back. Life sucks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Your lucky I had a brand new truck that was white and the along comes the garbage man and hits my truck with one of thou big garbage dumps that you see at businesses (I was at work at the spot that I was assigned to park at.) I came out and said what they hell and wrote down the licenses plate. This guy told me that I should have not parked there. So I called his boss he said the same thing to me. I called the cop they said they could do nothing. I told my boss he said he could do nothing. I called the insurances company they said that they could not do a thing since there was not ticket issued. So there I was with a Truck that was 2 days old and a 3 foot scratch that was 2 inches wide along the back. Life sucks.
View Quote

You should have thrown a firebomb at the truck the next time it went by.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Tayous1, I believe in revenge (when one believes they can get away with it.) If the same driver came every week I would have weant to his work and then followed him home and devise a scheme at my leisure to recoup my loss.
It just seems that people dont give a $hit anymore, ESPECIALLY if you have something nicer than theirs, after all none of us work hard for anything we own right? I have a new Crown Victoria that I value more than most peoples lives and I take every action I can to protect her.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#19]
1 month after I had it paid off, a drunk honking kid ran into the back of my truck WHILE IT WAS PARKED! $3600 in damage and the thing sill doesn't run right. Then 5 months later some stupid honking woman smashes into the back of my truck while I was at a stop sign because she was too damn busy looking for her purse. $500 more in damage and to add insult to injury, she wrote down her insurance info on a STARBUCKS note pad. Damn you people.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#20]
m16man, I know how you feel. When I drive my lifted jeep with tubular armour all the way around people don't park that close. But if I drive my sports car I think people treat it as a sport to see how close they can park to it!! I did walk out of a restraunt to see some old hag throw her door open next to my jeep. Her 6' long door off of her cady slammed into my nerf bars, nerf bar without a scratch, cady door with larg dent and her door wouldn't close. (oh sweet revenge)

Imbrog|io, I didn't picture you as a pick-up truck driver. I figured you drove a gremlin or pinto to go along with your10/22 and .38[:D]

idaho-ar15

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually, I'm in a different situation.  Got a 15 year old beater with over 200K miles.  All sorts of squeals and rattles and the timing chain has to be near the end.  People hate being behind me when I accelerate.

Two Friday's ago at a local Hair Cuttery parking lot, an older woman roars out of her parking spot.  Never even glanced in the mirror.  At her speed, she would've done considerable front end damage to my car.  But my instincts prevailed and I laid on the horn.  She stopped 6" from my fender.  Damnit, that would've paid for a lot of repairs.  

Ironically, this woman had just stormed out of the Hair Cuttery after having screamed at the stylist (who happens to cut my hair).  After recounting the incident to my stylist, she says I should've let her hit me.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I would probably go Rodney King on somebody if they hit my car.   It is the first new car I ever bought, and I treat it like a golden egg.  After any kind of serious crash, a car is never the same.  If somebody hits my jungle truck, I'll grab my can of primer and it will be good as new.

Somebody please explain why when I park my car in the middle of the lot (far away from all other cars), when I come out somebody in a beater is parked next to me.  I have to spend 5 minutes checking the car for dings.  I never park my truck next to a shiney new car.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Idaho-ar15
    Boy do I know what you mean, I try to park near the other nicer cars, the ones where you might ask if they have any grey poupon(sp?), no guarentee though. There are always people who feel the need to destroy other things because of jelousness (sp?) or just indifference. My Brother has a real hard on for one of those VR-4s, what year is yours and how do you like it? I understand they can be a maintenace heavy car with all the gizmos.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#24]
m16man, I love the car, it's a 91 with 104000 miles on it but still runs like new. For it's time it really set a milestone on gadgets and gizmos. The only thing that has given me trouble is the computer actuated rear spoiler that adjusts it's angle depending on speed.

At 325 horse power stock they are real screamers, with $3000 in mods. you can easily push 550 horse power. With the all wheel drive and all wheel steering they really handle well in the curves.  It's a real shame they quite making them in 99. Tell your brother to be patient and he'll find the one for him.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]
In Alabama I was sitting in my peice of shit Ford Taurus when a nice Mercedes parked next to me, snotty looking Bitch opened her door and it banged into the side of my car. She looked me right in the eyesand went into the business without so much as a sorry or kiss my ass. I sat in my piece of shit Taurus until she was inside, then I KEYED the SHIT out of her car, damn it felt good!!!  As someone once said(forget who)  "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"[rail]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#26]
idaho ar-15 where in Idaho are you from.  Your comment about the population ratio narrows it down to somewhere in Southern Idaho I believe, (Not being racist, just grew up there and know how it is[:D]) Anyway, just curious.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#27]
matthew S, You are correct, I'm near Twin Falls, it's not quite as bad as the Burley area as far as the ratio, but it's getting there.

What area are you from??

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Grew up in American Falls, now I am busy going to school in Logan until I convince the Wife to let me move back to Idaho[:D].
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought Imbrog|io was TO DAM POOR. how can he afford a car?????/
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I was forced to buy a pos used car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top