Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 9/10/2013 2:03:51 PM EST
Every sci-fi movie set from 1950 to 1969 or so has some local community college professor saving the day. Giant spaceship 7 miles long crash lands? Ger Dr. whoever from the local community college out here, he will know how to defeat it. Asteroid crashes and a black plague death spills out? Dr. so and so from the local 2 year school is an expert on all things pathogen.

It's really awesome. And they all somke a pipe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:09:21 PM EST
The community college professors I had (With the exception of a few) taught community college because they couldn't get a job in their respective field.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:10:15 PM EST
But in 1955, they were the height of knowledge! They knew about everything than ANYBODY.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:11:29 PM EST

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PikeSlayer:

But in 1955, they were the height of knowledge! They knew about everything than ANYBODY.
View Quote
Which is why my greatest defeat in life was to never build a time machine.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:14:12 PM EST
I always assume the aliens attacked or crashed next to harvard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:16:09 PM EST
And they always get the hot black haired chick (after they smoke a pipe and figure out that the alien ship has a hexacode entry system of 33-467-d-d + the ratio of PI).
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:16:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By ClassicLugeMick:

The community college professors I had (With the exception of a few) taught community college because they couldn't get a job in their respective field.
View Quote
Lots of teachers like that.  Always a few good ones out there though

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:18:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:

Originally Posted By ClassicLugeMick:

Ohhh I agree. My Con Law professor was an amazing professor. He also had himself a nice rifle range at his summer home in Florida.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:22:28 PM EST
He never got them off the island..
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:30:03 PM EST
In the 50s community college probably wasn't a continuation of highschool like it is today. I wasn't alive then so I can't say for sure. However who can disagree with a guy with glasses a white lab coat a name badge and a pipe? Not me.
Top Top