Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 5:34:42 PM EDT
Knew a dude back years ago and he'd drink six-eight of those things a day. Had so much acid built up in his kidneys he could take out a fire ant hill by pissing on it. Must have had a urinary tract like pvc pipe to handle that shit. Bet his kidneys are fried by now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Acidic sugar water.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Mmm... Pepsi I drink about a six-pack a day. I'm drinking a Throwback right now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ever know anybody addicted to Pepsis?

No.  In fact I've never even heard of Pepsis.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsis
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a co-worker at VDOT when I first started that would drink a case of Pepsi in 8 hours while at work. Hard to tell what he did before and after work.

Danny
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
my x was then she switched 0ver to Dr pep and was addicted to it
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mmm... Pepsi
I drink about a six-pack a day. I'm drinking a Throwback right now.

Me too

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's like Sepsis, only with more Pee...

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I knew a guy that drank a sixpack a day minimum..................He died of cancer....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Diet Vanilla Pepsi
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Pepsi is a company that is sustained by vendor contracts. No one likes it, yet we must tolerate it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to drink a lot of Pepsi. I'm down to 1 or 2 pepsi a week now. It's not the pepsi that you get addicted to, it's the caffeine. Just like the nicotine in cigarettes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I used to drink a lot of Pepsi. I'm down to 1 or 2 pepsi a week now. It's not the pepsi that you get addicted to, it's the caffeine. Just like the nicotine in cigarettes.

[old black lady voice] Ain't that the truth [/old black lady voice]

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Caffeine addict here.  Generally 4 diet Pepsis + a couple coffees/energy drinks a day.

No coffee?  Out of energy drink mix packets?  Diet Pepsi or diet Mountain Dew all the way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I've known two women who were addicted to the caffeine in colas.  

One owned a party store and her husband was first a pop truck driver and then owned a pop distributorship.  I worked for them in the late 1970's and then in the 1980's I worked for the distributorship for awhile after I got out of the service.  She actually had to go into detox to get off the caffeine.

The other person was addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.  During an 8 hour shift she would drink a big gulp and then an 8 pack.  Don't know how much she drank during the rest of the day.  When she finally quit drinking soda she put on about 80 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Pepsi is probably the worst cola out there. Not only does it's flavor suck but it goes flat in just a few minutes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
My stepmom's niece is around 35 or so, and is probably 500 or so lbs.  She's varied between 450-650 over the years, so I'm really not sure these days.

Anyway, since it came out years ago, I've never seen her drink anything but Mountain Dew Code Red.  Seriously...never another soda, never a bottle of water, never a cup of coffee, or a glass of iced tea.  ALWAYS Mountain Dew Code Red.

Kinda makes me sick.  Also kinda makes me hope that they'll stop making it.  You know, just to see what'll happen.  She's probably only got a few years left, though.  She's been huge since she was a kid, and can only walk across a room without nearly falling down/passing out.  

Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Former IBM employee I worked with brought in a 2-liter Coke bottle evey day. Just drank room temp coke. Only. Still alive after 12 years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I do , he was addicted until he went to the dentist and found out he had a mouth full of cavities
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pepsi is probably the worst cola out there. Not only does it's flavor suck but it goes flat in just a few minutes.

I respectfully disagree.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I drink diet Mountain Dew.  I got off Pepsi some time ago because it just kept getting nastier and nastier and nastier as time goes on.

I first switched to regular Mountain Dew but it was TOO MUCH sugar.  Now I prefer diet to the high octane Dew.   And I don't drink as

much of it.  I'm weaning myself off it and going back to water.

If I were to quit cold turkey off the dew right now,  if I didn't take Aleve or something like it I'd have a headache for four straight

days due to the caffeine withdrawal.

Diet dew is not as bad for you as regular,  or as bad as Pepsi, but I'm not claiming it's exactly GOOD for you, either.  I'm realistic

about the poison I choose.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Pepsi fiends.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My stepmom's niece is around 35 or so, and is probably 500 or so lbs.  She's varied between 450-650 over the years, so I'm really not sure these days.

Anyway, since it came out years ago, I've never seen her drink anything but Mountain Dew Code Red.  Seriously...never another soda, never a bottle of water, never a cup of coffee, or a glass of iced tea.  ALWAYS Mountain Dew Code Red.

Kinda makes me sick. Also kinda makes me hope that they'll stop making it.  You know, just to see what'll happen.  She's probably only got a few years left, though.  She's been huge since she was a kid, and can only walk across a room without nearly falling down/passing out.  

Oh well.

Heretic.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually, yes. A former boss of mine was addicted to it. The fountain drink variety only, though. He'd drink three or four 32oz cups during the work day. Every time I saw him outside of work he had one in his hand.

He's a recovering alcoholic so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#25]
450lb boss drinks 3 2 liter bottles each day at work.  guess he needs it to wash down the king size triple cheeseburger with triple cheese he eats everyday, which compliments his 2 packs of smokes a day.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Since I don't drink much coke, I don't mind drinking non-diet stuff.  Non-diet coke has a LOT of sugar in it though, and drinking a lot of it is going to kill your ability to keep weight off eventually, as age catches up with you.

Everything in moderation, including vices, I say.  I love Mountain Dew, and I recently discovered that Fanta Pineapple existed...  Oh my God!

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda makes me sick. Also kinda makes me hope that they'll stop making it.  You know, just to see what'll happen.  She's probably only got a few years left, though.  She's been huge since she was a kid, and can only walk across a room without nearly falling down/passing out.  

Oh well.

Heretic.

Yeah, I think there may be a little more to it than regular Mountain Dew Code Red.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Addicted to beer and pie, but pepsi .... Not so much
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Can't I have anything??!1

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I drink about 3-4 20 oz Mt Dew's a day while I'm at work. That is in 24 hrs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#31]
My ex could almost down a 12 pack a day. Actually it was more like a 6 pack because she would leave half empty cans all over the house. Drove me insane.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#32]
im addicted to Coke, or at least the caffeine from it. I dont have six a day, but if I dont have at least 1-3, i get a killer headache the no advil can cure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#33]
im addicted to Coke, or at least the caffeine from it. I dont have six a day, but if I dont have at least 1-3, i get a killer headache the no advil can cure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top