Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2003 10:56:43 PM EDT
I have a friend who says he has a 9MM pistol called a Mac 2 Hi power. Supposedly similar to a Browning Hi Power. He doesn't know too much about guns so it's likely he just screwed up the name.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark II.

Its the basic fixed sight military grade Browning Hi-power.

The Mark III was the last Browning version, the main difference being the sights if I recall correctly, both with firing pin safeties.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
he would like to sell it. how much do you think it would be worth. he says he never remembers shooting it. he has no idea what it's worth, so he just told me to make an offer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Correction on that.  MkIIs had semi-hi visability sights, ambi safety and no firing pin safety if what Im reading is correct.

Offer him $450 and see if he goes for it [:D]

More if he has factory or military hi-caps with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Offer him $450 and see if he goes for it
View Quote

seeing as how he sold his Hi Power (what he called it, don't know which version it is) for $200, i think i could probably get it from him for little over that. i would feel kinda bad for ripping him off too bad (actually, only if he later found out i ripped him off). that's why i want to know the approximate value.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
$500 tops if its unfired would be a fair deal in my book.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
ok, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top