Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 5:50:17 PM EDT
For several days?  I can't seem to get myself to bed at night lately.  I'm getting up at 5AM and not getting to bed until after midnight some nights.  I'm typically one of those "gotta have my 8 hours" kinda guys.  I'm not even doing anything productive with the time, just goofing off on the web and watching TV.  Don't want to start drinking, even though I think that would probably cure it.  Hell, I've even fallen asleep on the sofa watching TV, only to drag myself over to the office to check out the web on the computer.

Somebody knock me out before this gets out of hand!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
1, 4 Butinol
lol,,,
Not condoning it, but it has a bad rap.  I know a few body builders that use it to get sleep.  It puts you in REM sleep 3 times as long.  YOu get 5 hours of sleep and 'i hear' you are fully rested with no hangover at all.  There are a fw docs who actually perscribe it to narcs to help them sleep.  Totally harmless if used in strict moderation with no booze.

www.kirlian.org/life_enhancement_products/n33ghb~1.htm
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For several days?  I can't seem to get myself to bed at night lately.  I'm getting up at 5AM and not getting to bed until after midnight some nights.  I'm typically one of those "gotta have my 8 hours" kinda guys.  I'm not even doing anything productive with the time, just goofing off on the web and watching TV.  Don't want to start drinking, even though I think that would probably cure it.  Hell, I've even fallen asleep on the sofa watching TV, only to drag myself over to the office to check out the web on the computer.

Yep, way too much.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
you're getting old
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I will tonight and for the next few nights.  I am so pissed off at those savages who just murdered a fellow American!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Benadryl! Works for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
All the time, I can't sleep good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Insomnia is a real BITCH!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#12]
1/2 of an Ambien will put you to sleep and leave you feeling well rested in the morning. I used to take a benadryl but they make me groggy the next day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
get a chick to move in with you. should wear your skinny ass out by 9 pm
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#15]
A comfortable bed, with comfortable house temperature does wonders for me.

Sometimes I start to think about web stuff, and lay in bed thinking about until I get up, check Iout what info I wanted, then go to bed.

The web is addictive.  Like alcohol.  Don't turn to alcohol to cure your first addiction.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Ever single night.

If I unplugged this blue lifeline from my computer I'd get so much more done.

Or an anti-gun Net Nanny to keep me off sites like this
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#17]
try working 6:30 at night till 6:30 in the morning and see what it's like to go to bed or be awake during "normal" hours on your days off.
i have no solution for you, just some sympathy because the above is my life. can't get out of bed till noon, go to bed at normal hours, but just toss and turn till about 5 am when i finally slip into a good sleep.  
not sleeping right sucks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't sleep at all. I even tried benadryl, melitonin (sp) and other stuff that makes you tired. I just can't freaking sleep. Sucks to be tired all the time, but never sleep.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Norman74, are you exercising regularly? I work rotating shift work and it plays hell with my sleeping patterns also. It seems t help me to sleep.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had that same problem several months ago.

My doctor gave me a bottle of Ambien.  I took it for a week and was fine.  I'd fall asleep fast and wake up feeling fine.

Cut that ambien into 1/4ths.
It will work just as well and you will be clearer minded in the AM.

Good suggestion, I had trouble with sleeping pills making me feel worse than if I'd gotten no sleep at all.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes. Especially when an innocent kid gets executed for trying to help a bunch of slackjawed.....you get the picture.  Man, what a freakin' world we live in.  Man!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
get a chick to move in with you. should wear your skinny ass out by 9 pm

That didnt work, I was up until 7AM.

Yea I have trouble sleeping, have for years.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have been having the same problem for the past two years now,  It could be due to stress.  I have been told not to drink  cokes before I go to bed,  also you might drinking a few beers before you go to bed sometimes it helps me.   A friend of mine works at GNC where I work off duty he told me to use some pills called MELATONIN 3 it helps me get to bed in about 15 mintues.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had that problem for well over 40 years....I think I'm a NIGHT PERSON
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Yea, thats how it always is for me...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I HAVE TESTING TOMARROW

SHIIITE I need to go to sleep...

First, I must finish checking my ARFCOM posts
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Ever have trouble getting to bed?

No, it's easy to find as it is in the same place every night.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I have trouble going to sleep every day.  I usually stay up untill 12:00, and thats when I FORCE myself to TRY to get to sleep early.  Other times I'm up untill 1:00, to 2:30, or later.  Several times in the past few months, I've not slept for around 40+ hours.  It's a real bitch because I have to be out of the house before 7:00 AM, or reap the serious consequences of being late.  I can get enough sleep, but it involves going to bed very late, and waking up very late in the morning (or early in the afternoon).  Since I do not have that luxury during the weekdays... well, you can imagine.

Looking forward to tomorrow (yeah right).

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Shit, I get up at 6 every morning and it is rare that I go to bed before midnight.  Usually 1-2am.  Damn, I need more sleep.  But if I go to bed earlier it just means I have to go to work that much sooner.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Go to the store and buy some non-habbit forming, all natural Melatonin.

This stuff WORKS.

I can go from wide awake to having to put effort into staying awake in ~30 minutes.

Be sure to drink a nice glass of water with it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Tonight, I will be lying in bed thinking what it would be like to have the head of some Al Queda fucknut in the crosshairs of my M1A and what it would like to see his head explode in front of me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#32]
... Ha!

... You young'ins

... That's my whole friggin life man!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Staring at a (bright) computer screen actually helps keep you awake.  There have been a few studies about this. My wife just read about one in her AJN magazine (a nursing magazine). It makes your body think it's still daylight.  I have the same problem. I end up sleeping long hours on the weekend to make up for being so tired during the week.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Tonight, I will be lying in bed thinking what it would be like to have the head of some Al Queda fucknut in the crosshairs of my M1A and what it would like to see his head explode in front of me.

That wouldn't be satisfying enough for me.  I would rather see a more dramatic repeat of the Apache "splattering" video. Complete with mass chunks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, pain often keeps me awake.....and it also wakes me up

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#36]
other than my bed no
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top