Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 8:09:47 AM EDT
Yesterday, I bought a hat from a sporting goods store in the mall. I am going to go back there today to look at GPS accessories. I had planned to wear that hat today, but then I thought, "How will they know I actually bought it?"

The fact is, they have no way of knowing. Then it occurred to me that somewhere someone, MUST have had a misunderstanding like this. Have any of you been accused of shoplifting for wearing an article of clothing back to the store where you purchased it?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Wear it.  They would actually have to see you conceal or steal it in order to stop you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're that worried about it, bring the receipt with you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
  Thats the whole purpose of the receipt.  They probably cant stop you
based on wearing it into the store though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
All right, spill it.

You bought shoplifted one of those hats with the marijuana leaf on the front and you went back the next day, tried to shoplift CD's and got caught.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the thief detectors go off while I was walking in to a Target one time. Turned out that they had a anti-theft device hidden in a wallet that I had bought there the week before. They had hidden it in a place that I hadn't bothered to look.  The security guy helped me find it and then he threw it away.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#6]
That very same thing got me kicked out of Boy Scouts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Wear it, unless you are like Ms Pearl and have the tags hanging down the sides.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#8]
No, but I recall a news story about an Eddie Bauer store doing that to a young black male.  That didn't go over well.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wear it, unless you are like Ms Pearl and have the tags hanging down the sides.

That was a ghetto fad here for a while.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#10]
SInce there is probably a camera at the door, it should show you walking IN wearing the cap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#11]
This is why they don't leave Rolex watches out for you to try on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#12]
When I was a kid I was accused of stealing a roll of Life Savers. Fortunately the roll I had on my person wasn't Life Saver Brand. To this day when I go in a store I make sure I have nothing in my pockets that could  be perceived a something stolen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top