Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:58:48 PM EDT
I only bring this up because I was emptying a backpack just now and found a Busch Light in a can coozie. Probably a couple of months old. It is in the freezer as I type. I think the worst one I ever saw was my uncle down in the deer woods found a full can under his toolbox that had the paint worn off of it. He threw it in the cooler and later that evening gave it to someone. The look on their face when they tilted it back was priceless I guess they do go bad.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd drink it!!!   What the hell!!

Travis
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't drink Busch Light new.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a bottle once that was probably about 6 years old under a haystack in an abandoned corral.  Burned it with the hay.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, i would.  i saved a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale for a while b/c they supposedly get better with age.  Well, after about a year, i couldnt wait any longer.  It was tasty.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah but it only about 1 week old.  Tasted good too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Watched my Czech brother-in-law that lives in Germany drink a beer that was so old it had mold in the bottom of the bottle. I made him aware of it but he didn’t care. He drank it down to about a inch from the bottom of the bottle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Found two 18 packs in the garage that were about 4 months old.  Popped in the fridge and served at the next bbq...  I'm sure the lushes didn't mind...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Think I would poor it in a clear glass and examine it CLOSE!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple of beers in my fridge that are from my house warming party....that was 2yrs ago.  In honor of this thread I'm cracking one open....best by 24OCT03.

My family used to throw beers in our fish pond to keep chilled....well the last time I was out there...I found a can which the paint was worn off of......I cracked it...and smelled it......seemed good so I drank it.  I didn't get bitter beer face and it seemed ok.  That beer had to be several years old.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a couple of beers in my fridge that are from my house warming party....that was 2yrs ago.  In honor of this thread I'm cracking one open....best by 24OCT03.

My family used to throw beers in our fish pond to keep chilled....well the last time I was out there...I found a can which the paint was worn off of......I cracked it...and smelled it......seemed good so I drank it.  I didn't get bitter beer face and it seemed ok.  That beer had to be several years old.

That reminded me of the springs here on the river. There is a large one that used to be the party spot on weekends years ago, as teenagers we would find six pack rings with a loose on every now and then that had one or two left in it. That 60 something degree water kept them kind of chilly in the summer
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Got everybody's story here beat...
About 20 years ago, my big Indian buddy Alex LeBeau, and I, went for a load of firewood.  We were up pretty high in elevation and got a load of spruce.
 It was a long way back home, and we had to go slow because of all the weight on the pickup, and the rough national forest roads.  
We had gone through all our water a long time back, and were getting really thirsty.
Rounding a curve, we both saw something shining in the sun, on the side of the narrow two track forest road.
 We stopped, and Alex dug an ancient unopened can of "Old Milwaukee", out of the sand.

The can had been there for so long , that the exposed to the air side was completly shiny like a coors light can.  

We popped open the can and both sniffed it... It didn't smell bad.   Alex took a taste...then Me..

We were dying of thirst, and that old "Old Milwaukee" was the best Beer  to have ever crossed my lips...

Of course the next day, when we weren't thirsty, we wouldn't have drunk an "Old Milwaukee", if you had bought a case for us for free.

But on that day it was better than a Guinness.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I found a 12 pack of Black Label in some steam tunnels on campus. I figure it was at least five years old stored in awful conditions. I wouldn't drink it but my alchy buddy finished all of them warm.
He said they tasted OK.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I drank a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer that my Grandad had bought 20 years prior.

Except for being strong, it didn't taste bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]
If  U are  thirsty all is good.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I onde drank a Coors that was found on the side of the road.  Drank it on a bet and I ended up  all over my buddies floor board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top