Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/2/2003 7:52:39 AM EDT
Two days in a row, I've put my wallet through the washer. The second one was semi-excusable, I fell asleep at nine, woke up at midnight, went to my room, took off my shorts (forgot it had my wallet in there) and crashed in my bed. The night before, it was just plain stupid. It's the twice in a row that really got me. So guys, done anything stupid lately?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:55:36 AM EDT
Wait, I don't get it. How does getting up at midnight, going to your room, and taking off your shorts get your wallet into the washer? Did they magically run across the house and wash themselves? -Nuke
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:56:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:58:56 AM EDT
Laundering money eh ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:01:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By osprey21: Laundering money eh ?
View Quote
[rofl2] Something like that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:03:12 AM EDT
I walked into two head level objects at work last night. Naturally, my coworkers, gentle souls that they are, thought this was the funniest thing to ever happen in the history of mankind.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:04:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 8:05:23 AM EDT by HKocher]
Washing your shorts two nights in a row??? Having problems with nocturnal emissions, ehh???
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:05:10 AM EDT
Do I ever feel stupid? Sure. Every fucking day when I think of the mess I've made of my life. That's what I get for always playing by the rules, I guess...... (For the record, I tend to be entirely too hard on myself, but there it is...)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:15:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 8:17:21 AM EDT by Searcherfortruth]
Yes I do, she sits next to me a lot.[lol] Edited to add: just a straight line I couldn't pass up. I'm only kidding, she doesn't really sit by me anymore, & I can't figure out why.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:19:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:32:49 AM EDT
While at work [aircaft supply puke]I was in a forward pit on a DC-8 checking the FAK and when I stepped out my ladder had fell over,and I LALOed to the tarmak,didn't break anything but the MX crew thought it was a hoot.[I look first now]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:36:01 AM EDT
I dropped a Bic lighter in a deep fat fryer once. Does that count?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:58:42 AM EDT
I am not allowed to be stupid at work. It kills the customers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:11:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:35:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher: Washing your shorts two nights in a row??? Having problems with nocturnal emissions, ehh???
View Quote
Hey, better an accidental discharge with that gun than another...at least that one is quite and won't harm anyone! Of course I do stupid things that I kick myself for later. It's called, welcome to my life.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:38:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BookHound: I dropped $500 cash on the ground about a month ago because I was too lazy to put the money in my wallet. There’s a thread somewhere around here about it. Yea, I’d say I’ve done my share of stupid things.
View Quote
And we wont let him forget either.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:44:56 AM EDT
I live in a state of constant stupidity.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:48:22 AM EDT
If you really want to feel stupid, talk face to face with a hippie,liberal,democrat. Their stupidity is actually so thick in the air as to be tangible. Or just do like Arnold, & marry one. I cut my foot open 2 weeks ago using a dull knife to shave off some of the callous. Didn't make me exactly feel like a bonafied genius.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:48:31 AM EDT
If I am stupid, people die. Hence I save all of my stupidity rations for when I am in the mIRC chat room around witnesses.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:49:29 AM EDT
I never feel stupid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:52:11 AM EDT
I didn't double check the default permissions that MS sets for their IIS product. Sure enough the index page got hacked twice in two hours. After all this time I should have known better, but it had been awhile since I had to deal with MS on a server.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:58:43 AM EDT
Belfry what do you do?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:59:09 AM EDT
I had a little to much to drink this weekend, and backed into a tree in my yard where I park my car. I, needless to say, felt stupid the next morning.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:45:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:59:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By captainpooby: Belfry what do you do?
View Quote
When I am not on an Academic semester at GaTech, I work for an Aerospace Company that deals directly with airline hardware. I am specifically in Engineering Systems and Failure analysis.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:09:25 AM EDT
Ever feel just plain stupid?
View Quote
Every damned day. That's why I'm a very careful person; when I do something really stupid, it doesn't hurt as much. It's the same reason you never point a gun you "know" is empty at something you're not willing to destroy. Even if you did something stupid (like leaving a round in the chamber), nobody gets hurt.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:48:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NUCULAR: Wait, I don't get it. How does getting up at midnight, going to your room, and taking off your shorts get your wallet into the washer? Did they magically run across the house and wash themselves? -Nuke
View Quote
I'd say his mommy comes in & gathers his laundry in the mornings.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:00:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DVDTracker: I left my gun safe unlocked and my AR sitting on the workbench one night. Garage was broken into early the next morning.
View Quote
Please tell us you locked your safe and the AR EARLIER the next morning.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:05:06 PM EDT
[b]Ever feel just plain stupid?[/b] I've been married for 19 years. If I don't feel stupid at least once a week, my wife ain't trying hard enough. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:05:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gun-fan:
Originally Posted By NUCULAR: Wait, I don't get it. How does getting up at midnight, going to your room, and taking off your shorts get your wallet into the washer? Did they magically run across the house and wash themselves? -Nuke
View Quote
View Quote
That's what I figured. I was just trying to drag it out of him so we could all feel sorry for the guy who gets his laundry done for him. (I'm jealous - I miss it) -Nuke
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:37:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NUCULAR:
View Quote
View Quote
That's what I figured. I was just trying to drag it out of him so we could all feel sorry for the guy who gets his laundry done for him. (I'm jealous - I miss it) -Nuke
View Quote
Yeah, wasn't being a teenager cool? [:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:43:25 PM EDT
[b]Ever feel just plain stupid?[/b] Every time I spend more than ten minutes posting on this board(GD). I have been quite stupid as of late.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 2:52:08 PM EDT by PaDanby]
Washers don't wash wallets, people do. And no I never feel plain stupid. It's generally extra fancy stupid. Like using my regular family e-mail address with one of the suppliers on here. No I could use one of my alternate addresses that the everlovin never sees. No I use one that she sees and asks "Hey what's this e-mail invoice from xxxxx about? Are you spending money on gun stuff again?"
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:05:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno: I dropped a Bic lighter in a deep fat fryer once. Does that count?
View Quote
Please, tell us more. What happened shortly thereafter? Oddly enough, if you take a disposable butane lighter (a full one) and smash it on the ground as hard as you can, all you'll get is a little puff of black smoke. Really. Yet, if you set the plastic support for the striker wheel on fire, set it down, and walk away to watch from a safe distance, when the fire hits the tank you get an instant fireball 10 feet in diameter. It WILL get your attention. Been there, done that. The only reason it wasn't my dumbest is because I was a long way away and watching from behind some good shielding. CJ
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:09:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NUCULAR:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Your mom has absolutely NO EXCUSE for failing to properly check your pcokets prior to laundering them. Tell her I said so![spank] [ROFL]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:16:49 PM EDT
My Father felt stupid once, when i was a teenager he put his wallet through the washing machine, so in a stroke of sheer brilliance he threw it in the microwave to dry it, without taking his drivers license out of it, we smelled smoke shortly thereafter!!!! His photograph melted!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:45:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Fireguy3: My Father felt stupid once, when i was a teenager he put his wallet through the washing machine, so in a stroke of sheer brilliance he threw it in the microwave to dry it, without taking his drivers license out of it, we smelled smoke shortly thereafter!!!! His photograph melted!
View Quote
[lol] Worse than me! Thanks, I feel better now.
Top Top