Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2001 8:02:52 AM EDT
Lock your self out of your house.  I just did it.  Went out to shut my dog up, and the front and back doors were locked.  Had to squeeze through my bathroom window.  If it had been locked too, I would have been screwed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I`ve never done something so stupid. If I did there`s a window I know I can get in.
I`ve never locked myself out of my car either. AAA member for 8 years.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I`ve never done something so stupid. If I did there`s a window I know I can get in.
View Quote

You are truly a great man.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done it quite a few times, both in the house and the car. I guess it's just absentmindedness, but it's good practice at "alternate entry methods".[;)] Besides, having to break in to your own place helps you to really find the weak spots that need to be better protected.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, well last year one of the first days of dove season I locked my keys in my car about 15 miles from the nearest anything. I seriously debated knocking one of the windows out but decided to save my money and take the hike instead. On a side note, September in Texas is really hot which Im pretty much used to, but my brand new, first time worn, unbroken in boots made me wish I had busted out a window about 5 miles from town.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly.  Absentmindedness is a sign of genius.  Remember, Einstein couldn't remember where his house was.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You are truly a great man.
View Quote

I guess my droll humor doesn`t translate as well as I`d like.
I`ve crawled in that window too many times to count, I`ve lived in the same house for 28 yrs.
I`ve also locked myself out of my car enough to get AAA for 7 yrs. I also own toyota`s so they dont get to tow me.
Only a man, great sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Never locked myself out of house but I did walk outside of upscale hotel room to set out an ironing board. I was wearing only undershorts and when I heard the click of the door shutting behind me I freaked. I hid for awhile then found an open door and asked a Japanese man(who spoke vitually no English), if I could use his phone. A very nice man but what was he thinking of to let a 240 lb, possible homicidal maniac sex pervert in his room wearing only drawers?
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Done anything stupid?

Never.

Not me.

McCrackWhore
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah...how do you get the "freak" smiley face to work?
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#13]
To answer the question directly I have locked my self out of my house about 3 times, and that was within about a 2 month period about 2 years ago.

The funniest story I ever heard was a call two guys I worked with (I am an LEO) that responded to a call of a woman that had locked herself out of her house. The guys were one white and one black. They got there and it is a 2 story house.
(Yeah, yeah, a real black & white)

Both were named Charlie, also. Known as CharlieW and CharlieB to keep them separate.

Any how CharlieB walked around the house to check all the doors and windows and saw a 2nd story window open. He figures out how to climb up and crawl in.

As CharlieB passed a window walking towards the front door the woman (about 60 years old) screamed out "Oh my God there's a nigger in my house". CharlieW responded: "Ma'am, that's no nigger that's my partner".  

I guess you had to be there.. We all thought it was a hoot.  

CharlieB is now the Chief of Police in Columbia, S.C. A really good guy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I've taken to carrying two sets of keys.  One is the real set, the other has a house key and a car key.  So what do I do?  I lock myself out of my office at 2:00am.  [pissed]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top