Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:31:13 PM EDT
So I finally get around to cleaning my garage tonight.

I'll be damned if I didn't find all sorts of goodies. I found uber-amounts of drill bits, router bits, and all manner of good tools I forgot I had! I'm constatly looking for tools, have a nice Craftsman tool box, but never filled it up. I'm finally getting organized and filled the box up. Organization is so nice to have

For those that are wondering, I had back problems from a motor vehicle accident that has, and had forced me to not work in the garage. I hope I can start working out there again.

I also organized the safe and found some goodies. It's been a good night.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:33:02 PM EDT
Honestly no, I am to damn organized for my own good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:35:13 PM EDT
I was in the garage this afternoon and found where a cat was too lazy to go to the cat box. Nothing of value discovered yet....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:57 PM EDT
It was more a nightmare than a treasure
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:38:27 PM EDT
Glad you are doing better.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:38:45 PM EDT
What, like mouse terds?

I don't stay in one spot long enough to find treasure. I do, however, lose stuff everytime I move. I still can't find the coin William Cohen palmed me. Hey, at least it wasn't Rummie.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:54:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ilike9s:
Glad you are doing better.

Thank you. My back still hurts, but fortunately it's at a managable level for the time being.

What, like mouse terds?

Nope.

I found a crap load of drill bits (I could never find those when i needed them!), my matco tool stash, all my klein screwdrivers I thought I had taken to work and never got back, some good 7,7 jap brass, two sanders, and some misc. hand tools.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:02:55 PM EDT
I found stuff to sell on the EE

$$
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:06:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:
I found an extra AR-15 in my safe once up in Washington.

If its black, its mine
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:08:35 PM EDT

I found a box of marbles in the ceiling in my quarters once while trying to trace a leak.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:22:18 AM EDT
I know everything I own so I dont have any lost treasures, all my treasures are accounted for
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:25:11 AM EDT
Found a dead opossum last weekend. Does that count?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:26:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:

I found a box of marbles in the ceiling in my quarters once while trying to trace a leak.

Did you blame Ensign Pulver?

And what's all this crud about no movie tonight?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:32:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
I know everything I own so I dont have any lost treasures, all my treasures are accounted for

Wish I were that organized- in our house, it's like archaeological layers, and digging yields some interesting stuff, such as baby toys which I thought I'd thrown out years ago. the occsioanl tool turns up, as well as old brass.

The funny thing is, we throw out more bags of trash, incl. old crap, every week than all our neighbors. They spend more money than we do. Our waste disposal laws are more strict here than even our draconian gun laws. Just what do they do with all their stuff?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:49:56 AM EDT
The last time I cleaned my garage I found a 1000 round case of Port .308 that I had forgotten about.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:52:30 AM EDT
Yep, found my long lost mod. 59 and 1066 S&Ws. Felt like Christmas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:06:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 95thFoot:

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

Wish I were that organized- in our house, it's like archaeological layers, and digging yields some interesting stuff, such as baby toys which I thought I'd thrown out years ago. the occsioanl tool turns up, as well as old brass.

The funny thing is, we throw out more bags of trash, incl. old crap, every week than all our neighbors. They spend more money than we do. Our waste disposal laws are more strict here than even our draconian gun laws. Just what do they do with all their stuff?

I've been on a 2 year long off and on dejunking kick. Selling useless stuff on ebay, spare gun parts on EE, etc. For insurance purposes I log every purchase and keep it on a file on my computer, I can grep the files for the last 10 years and tell when I bought something and how much I paid for it It's a handy tool to see where your $ are going and to get control over your spending, start a budget, etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:30:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 6:32:46 AM EDT by GonzoAR15-1]
This weekend, in fact.

Found an 12 Size Illinois Watch company "Autocrat" pocketwatch, art deco. I picked it up at a garage sale years ago for $10. It was made in 1925. It wasn't running when I bought it, but the ballance staff (most important internal pivot, and one that breaks freaquently, was intact).

So, saturday night, I put on the jewler's lens (clips on my glasses), tore the watch down, pegged the jewels, cleaned the parts in an ultrasonic, and reassembled everything -- lamenting all the while how poor my fine motor control has gotten as I've gotten older. (These parts are DAMN small).

But I got it running, and its been keeping perfect time two days now.

Turned a $10 garage sale turd into a fine running antique worth about $200.

I'm happy!
Top Top