Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 6:52:01 AM EDT
Ummmmmmmmmm, it sucks! [pissed]

While at ShotShow this past weekend, NSFJoJo and myself "volunteered" to take a hit for a TASER demo.  JoJo took an excrutiatingly painful 1/4 second strike, and being the "man" that I am, I chose to go for a full strike of 50,000 volts for 5 agonizingly, eternally long seconds... ((([shock])))  [b]WTF was I thinking..?[/b]  At 3 seconds, I was writhing in pain while  screaming, begging, pleading, moaning and whinning like a schoolgirl until they finally left the trigger off at approx 4 seconds.  I'm still all screwed up from this ([i]spinal muscular contractions[/i]), and don't feel that I'll be volunteering for this again anytime soon!

FWIW:  There were guys 17 times my size ([i]one being an OCD instructor[/i]) that showed the same responses that I did, but they only did 1/4, 1/2, and 1 second strikes!  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
At least JoJo got something more than a welt for his effort!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, didn't you also try to tickle a gator in Florida??  'Nuff said. [whacko]  

All those years of electro-shock therapy must had increased your tolerance level. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
And you [i][b]still[/i][/b] didn't give up Imbroglio's tue identity?!!?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ummmmmmmmmm, it sucks! [pissed]

While at ShotShow this past weekend, NSFJoJo and myself "volunteered" to take a hit for a TASER demo.  
View Quote

Tim,

with your previous health problems, WTF were you thinking???
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the Taser an "LEO only" item or can private citizens buy one?  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to hear about the chicks...someone on HKPRO said they tasered one of those girls?  True?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Taser had 3 new versions there.  They claim a 3 are not classified as guns & legal in 47 states.

There is a LEO version with a higher wattage & pulse rate along with a built in laser pointer.

Their pitch was anyone could buy but they insist dealers get drivers lic info to sent to the company on each purchase.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want to hear about the chicks...someone on HKPRO said they tasered one of those girls?  True?
View Quote

They were hot. More likely one of them tasered him.  They were giving 1/4 sec "test" shots on Sat & Sun in their booth to volunteers. Organizers made them stop doing in the booth on Monday.

The volunteers got names put in drawing for free Taser.  NSFJoJo won one for his efforts but antiUSSA just got to change his drawers.

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm adding this image for the Photoshop Army...  Do me up boyz!

One of the side effects is "temporary" amnesia.  This became evident when losing my ass playing Blackjack...  from standing on 8!

The other side effect also involved losing my ass... [:\]

Furthermore, I also have two huge blistering wounds on my back from the electricity entering and escaping my body where the probes were!

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/taser/taser.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Furthermore, I also have two huge blistering wonds on my back from the electricity entering and escaping my body where the probes were!
View Quote

Probes entering and escaping, two huge blistering wounds.  I don't believe any of this happened at the taser booth.  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#12]
The tests used clamps at the end of the wires attached to clothing.  They claim the charge is effective through 2.5" of clothing.

After the show made them stop in their booth, they did the demos in the sales presentation in one of the meeting rooms.

While anti may exagerate the "huge" (the welt is about 1/2 inch diameter) I'm wondering how bad it would be with the actual probes & several 5 sec applications.

No doubt these things are effective! Why couldn't it just effect the vocal cords for a few days?[peep]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Furthermore, I also have two huge blistering wounds on my back from the electricity entering and escaping my body where the probes were!

View Quote

Sounds like you're more used to where the Aliens put their probe! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Tim,

I'm assuming that you and JoJo's plan to give each other a high-5's while being tasered went out the window?  

Great idea, in theory.[whacko]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#15]
They used to treat people in mental institutions with electro-shock theropy didn't they? Better put a lightbulb in his mouth Grin and see if it lights up like uncle Fester!

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#16]
While anti may exagerate the "huge" (the welt is about 1/2 inch diameter) I'm wondering how bad it would be with the actual probes & several 5 sec applications.
View Quote

Actually, it is more like 1" diameter, with a 1/2" of very bad tissue!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I got zapped with the LEO model several month back. The first time, it did not work because one of the probes was not in full contact.

The second time, the probes worked and I dropped like I was headshot and curled into a fetal position. My scream on the video was absolutely classic. At least it sounded manly.

The whole system is too dependent on both of the probes hitting the target and then working and penetrating sufficiently and far enough apart. It isn't mature in my view, yet, to rely on it as a sole means of stopping someone.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Except for the after effects, it was kinda cool to experience what the death row inmates get to feel... PURE PAIN and TERROR

FWIW:  Those lucky bastards get to die!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Hehe, It tickles.  And burns, alot.  If you'd like to feel a milder effect of what it does to you, goto Radio Shack and buy a converter.  It's this little box with four wires sticking out.  Place nails through 2 of the wires on one side and then on the other side use a battery rubbing one wire on the positive side and holding the other wire on the negative.  Hold hands to draw out the effect.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Does lightning count?
As far as man made inflicted tasing, yes.
I was at a gun show once and picked up one. It was a wand. I saw 2 prongs sticking out the end thinking this was the only place that was charged. BOY, did I find out different when I grabbed the side of the wand.
It caused me to elbow my wife's tit and give her a jolt too.
In case you are wondering, no, it didn't get them to perk up.
[b]But I did find out what the back of her hand looked like up close.[\b] [BD]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Except for the after effects, it was kinda cool to experience what the death row inmates get to feel... PURE PAIN and TERROR

FWIW:  Those lucky bastards get to die!
View Quote

Did they give you the Complimentary T-Shirt  "Hi!  I'm Stupid"  and the matching... "I'm with Stupid!"

For crying out loud!  How many people VOLUNTEER to crap their pants, scream like a baby and cry in front of sexy chicks?  Did you really think they would say "Damn!  He looked sexy crappin' his pants, I gotta have HIM!"

Seriously, which is worse....moderating AR15.com or being Tasered?  Curious minds want to know.

No! Wait, which is more painful, coordinatiiong the LEGP or getting Tasered?

BTW, AntiUSSA, you made the funny pages again...

http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/220616.html

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Darwin Awards?  That would be an insult to them!

IAJack: "They used to treat people in mental institutions with electro-shock theropy..."

Would do you mean used to?

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I am thinking I would like to try it.  Years back, we used to get into stun gun fights.  We would run around the office zapping each other. Alot of fun when you have fresh batteries, and everybody else's are low.  It was painful, but I think the new Tasers are way more powerful than the stun guns we had then.  I have also been sprayed with OC, and it was extremely uncomfortable but did not take me out.

Anti, it was very macho to take the max jolt.  You are now 16x the man JoJo is.  [B)]

You are Da Man.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
ENCORE ENCORE!  If you guys will be willing to reenact this scene, crapping in pants and all, I will be willing to run a marathon from California to the Black Rifle covention carrying a taser!  Kind of like the carrying of the olympic torch.  Who ever runs gets to zap someone in the end.  Do you think we can get any sponsors?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I have always liked the idea of having a TASER for home defense.....but the civilian version is only 18 watts compared to 26 watts for the cops anyone know if this is a big difference?.I would rather Tase some idiot than smoke his hide because all his crackhead relatives would litigate to no end to feed there habits(TASE call cops/they pick up an dispose)at $650 with a reload and laser sight would the version I can buy be worth the expense?.A U.S. Marshal I talked to said buy a Mossberg and load with bird shot just to insult the maggot who wants to commit the crime on me.....thoughts and insults warmly welcome!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Although the idea of taking the Taser blast was very tempting, I considered the small possibility of me falling down and urinating myself.
Any chance at all of that happening is too great a chance.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Before a cop gets certified to carry a Taser, he must "ride the lightning":
All I have to say is to hell with carrying a Taser.

FWIW, I did have to get pepper sprayed to get certified to carry it, and go thru a combat scenario as soon as I got hit with it: That sure was fun.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#29]
when you sign up for the frontal lobe lobotomy be sure to get pics and post them.

part of the story sounds like COUGHbullCOUGHshitCOUGH
guys 17x bigger took 1/4 less of a jolt than our superhero antiussa? its getting deep in here
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
when you sign up for the frontal lobe lobotomy be sure to get pics and post them.

View Quote

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I have always liked the idea of having a TASER for home defense.....but the civilian version is only 18 watts compared to 26 watts for the cops anyone know if this is a big difference?.
View Quote

The Taser that didn't do anything to Rodney King was a low wattage model.  You make the call. [:\]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
part of the story sounds like COUGHbullCOUGHshitCOUGH
guys 17x bigger took 1/4 less of a jolt than our superhero antiussa? its getting deep in here
View Quote

Actually, it is quite true!

The immediate effects are the exact same on everyone... Being the dumbass that I am, I elected to be the first volunteer, and to also take a full strike, since I had nothing to compare this to!

After I was hit, 3 or 4 others went for a 1/4 second ([i]1/16th of what I got[/i]), until finally this HULK looking guy stepped up and said he wanted 1 second.

Also, to make matters worse, the leads were placed on my back ([i]near my spinal cord[/i]), whereas everyone elses' were placed on chest, stomach, sides or legs...  I asked for the worse case scenario, and they damn sure gave it to me! [pissed]

On the flip side of all of this, should we elect to pick up there product line, I can be very realistic about what to expect during a strike!

FWIW: I am still having severe muscle spasms up and down my spine, to the point of curling into a fetal position and crying from the pain...  I spent the last 2 nights pretty much without sleep, and soaking in my Jacuzzi for the "hydrotherapy".  While I feel this is an excellant product, I can only see giving the max jolt under the most extreme circumstances...

While my body is still all screwed up physiologicly, I really don't regret have tried it.  I do however wish I had opted for something a bit smaller and less painful though! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#33]
The new Taser system works off of different principles than the old one.

The old system was a pian compliance system that attempted to control a suspect through, well, pain.

The new system actually overides your ability to control your muscular functions, like moving and fighting. The pain is just a side effect.

Please forgive my inexact laymen's description of this technology. That is what the field rep told me, but my memory might be a little fuzzy because all I can remeber is the pain when I got zapped with it a few minutes later. I am sure I mistated a point or two, and someone will step in shortly to correct me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:The new system actually overides your ability to control your muscular functions, like moving and fighting. The pain is just a side effect.

Please forgive my inexact laymen's description of this technology. That is what the field rep told me, but my memory might be a little fuzzy because all I can remeber is the pain when I got zapped with it a few minutes later. I am sure I mistated a point or two, and someone will step in shortly to correct me.
View Quote

CORRECT!

What happens is the TASER operator takes full control of your nervous system during a strike, rendering you completely helpless. As "Cocked&Locked" put it in Chat last evening... "Watch the puppet dance!"
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[size=5]OMG!!! RAY, DON'T DO IT!!![/size=5]
[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/franksquid/taser_1_.gif[/img]
View Quote

[size=5][b]Seriously, I used the necessary amount of force to effect the arrest![/b][size=5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top