Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:02:54 PM EDT
Like use your race as leverage to get a job, or claim racism for being declined or rejected for something?  

Is accepting grants or loans or medical care based on race as bad?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Seeing as I'm white, I don't think I'm allowed to play the race card.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell no, only losers do that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1 - I'm who the race card is played against.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Seeing as I'm white also, attempting to play the race card would probably land me in prison.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could always play the Sex Card (claim sexism/discrimination)........
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I'm tired of the black man keepin the crackahs down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ditto that...
I am half injun(wagon burner) and ill be darned if I accept anything based on my skin color or race.
I am not sure if playing the Redskin card even works...
Heck here in Texas people just think I am another Mexican...

IIRC isnt that the WHOLE basis on the "I had a dream speech"???? Not to be judged by the color of your skin...I would assume this goes for getting a job for which you are not qualified for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I know the population here isn't 100% cracka.

Not that white folks are all that homogenous, I mean, you call a mick a limey and you got a fight on your hands, and call any of them a frog and see what happens.  

ETA:  Ich Bin Ein Spearchucker.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Like use your race as leverage to get a job, or claim racism for being declined or rejected for something?  

Is accepting grants or loans or medical care based on race as bad?

i should be able to since i'm a minority, but us white people are never allowed to, and never will be.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto that...
I am half injun(wagon burner) and ill be darned if I accept anything based on my skin color or race.
I am not sure if playing the Redskin card even works...
Heck here in Texas people just think I am another Mexican...

IIRC isnt that the WHOLE basis on the "I had a dream speech"???? Not to be judged by the color of your skin...I would assume this goes for getting a job for which you are not qualified for.

Yep.  Funny how many black people, who spent all this time trying to promote equality and color-blindness, are the same ones that say we need to recognize that someone is black and weigh it in when considering them for jobs, monetary aid, etc.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Uh....Im white, so it wouldnt work anyway
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could always play the Sex Card (claim sexism/discrimination)........

Not for me.  I hate feminism and all that crap.

EDIT: But you're right, the point is that I could play it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just get some shoepolish and throw some on the exposed areas before the interview...Works great!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I put down African american on all forms when asked except for military stuff.

I'm white as copy paper. They won't even bring it up, they wouldn't dare. My great gramma was 50% indian     and black.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm white, but I'm lobbying for rednecks to be granted minority status...

Just wait!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I put down African american on all forms when asked except for military stuff.

I'm white as copy paper. They won't even bring it up, they wouldn't dare. My great gramma was 50% indian     and black.

I read somewhere that if you were 1/32 black, you were considered black...maybe that was a state thing.  It was a long time ago.  America is a weird place as you are considered a minority even if only the amount of minority blood in you is a minority of your make up..

Am I considered Irish and German because I am 3/4 that?  Nope.  

My blonde haired kids are considered eskimo too.

Weird fookin' world this is.

Anyhow, I take it that the consensus is that if I were to involve myself in some of the business loan programs that the state here offers natives that many of you would not look favorably upon that.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Just to score with hot black chicks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Been there, done that.  Lotsa black girls up here go with white guys because all the decent black guys are taken, and the rest hook up with white girls who are trying to piss off daddy.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#19]
When I hear someone use race as a reason for inferiority or preferential treatment, I vomit in my mouth.  Then, I kill a kitten.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
When I hear someone use race as a reason for inferiority or preferential treatment, I vomit in my mouth.  Then, I kill a kitten.

I get free medical care, as does my family, except for my wife because she is white, but she gets care when she is prego with my children......

Vomit away..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I get free medical care, as does my family, except for my wife because she is white, but she gets care when she is prego with my children......

Vomit away..

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried once, but was told that I didn't fit the profile!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vomit away..

www.erichufschmid.net/KillUnwantedKitten.jpg

Hey J_TX,

(I hate cats)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#24]
My coworkers have a hard time believing that I am a albino black man. Just because I'm a albino doesn't mean I shouldn't get mlk day off too! Be tryin to keep a brotha down just because I'm albino....shizzle just ain't right
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My coworkers have a hard time believing that I am a albino black man. Just because I'm a albino doesn't mean I shouldn't get mlk day off too! Be tryin to keep a brotha down just because I'm albino....shizzle just ain't right

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#26]
That is Mr. Muktuk to you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted: Like use your race as leverage to get a job, or claim racism for being declined or rejected for something? Is accepting grants or loans or medical care based on race as bad?
I don't have to play the race card. Others play it for me. I just have to show up and schools, employers, organizations want me on-board to spruce up their numbers.

Playing the race card is for losers with nothing to offer. If you're a top notcher, you get in anyway.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Once, but only as a joke because the bastards at Outback Steakhouse wouldn't let our massive group of asians in
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Sorry. I'm of Swedish, English, German , and French  extraction. I had to fall back on competence for leverage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sorry. I'm of Swedish, English, German , and French  extraction. I had to fall back on competence for leverage.

I would have thought the frog in you would have held you back.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm a minority (Asian) but being Asian doesn't get you any special preferences.  Minority scholorships?  Just the opposite, you don't qualify and you gotta score extra high just to get into your college of choice because of quotas.  Get attacked by blacks because of your race?  Not a hate crime (but it would be if it were the other way around).  I've never felt it helped me get any jobs.

I don't think grants/scholarships for certain groups is wrong if it's from a private institution.  ie Bill Cosby wants to set up a foundation to give money to disadvantaged blacks, nothing wrong with that.  The government however should not be giving preferences to anyone IMO.  Discriminating one group to atone for past dicrimination against another group doesn't do anyone any good.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Does that really work??
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted: Just to score with hot black chicks.
Does that really work??

Of course it does! Here's how to pick up a hot black chick. You walk up to her, dressed tastefully of course, and say, "Hey babe. I've got a good job, no drug addictions, disease free, and no criminal record. Want to go to a movie and have sex at my place later?" Works every time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#34]

In advertently I may have.  

I'm a big polish-german American but I tan very easily and used to have long hair. I got my bachelors at a small arizona state college and when I applied to a big time Northeastern university for my Ph.D. I definately got the impression people thought I was American Indian.  

Whooops.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top