Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 12:50:16 AM EDT
Hi guys, I know that this is not a Gun topic but hey this is the open form.
I am stuck here at work and doing my normal of oogling guns and trying to pick out my next toy. I was wondering if anyone else played the very addictive online game EverQuest AKA EverCrack or NeverRest. I started a year ago and can't seem to stop playing. I am on the Brell serve. If you do play post and let me know

MtHunter

makarov 45th season druid
fiffin 30th season rogue
and many other alts
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never played it though I know guys who left Team fortress to play it and were never heard from again.  Sounds evil to me [:)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:43:50 AM EDT
[#2]
a good friend of mine has been trying to get his computer to work with shadows of lu????? something for the last 2 weeks.  he is in complete withdrawl.  has reformatted his hard drive  twice bought more memory and now is wiping his hard drive clean to install XP hoping that works.  
john
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Played it for a couple years on/off and made lots of money early on selling off lvl 50 characters on ebay. [}:D]

My last char I was playing up to spring of this year was a lvl 56 rogue with epic. Just got too time consuming you could not sit down and spend less then 3-4 hours. Guild raids took an entire evening plus some and got to be a big pain in the ass. I am just enjoying Xbox nowadays.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
i tried to play and had to go on a body hunt never played agien. also i dont like pay to play games :( i mean come on i already bought the damn thing
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
No, EverQueer is an awful game.  It is insulting to human intelligence.  It is a complete waste of time....  And I don't understand how anyone can call it addicting.  Honestly, it is like work.  I had to force myself to play it when everyone told me to try it out.  I couldn't even last a month it was so tedious.  Steer clear.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you mean "Evercrack"? i have the game (for free [:)]), but would rather wait for Neverwinter Knights set on Toril.

In "Foreverquest" you are not allowed to multiclass; that sucks. or choose alignment and diety as in the Forgotten Realms. i want to play a good dark elf. "Evercrack" wont let me.

its not a bad RPG, but not the best. i know a lot of former EQ players switching over to Dark Ages of Camelot. Star Wars Galaxies will be far more versatile and flexible then the former MMORPG's. allowing you to customize the look of your character, profession, skills, homes, and background. you can even run your own business in SWG. have pets and so on. not to mention sniper rifles and blast rebel....err, i mean imperials from a distance away.

Baldurs Gate lib

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I played evercrack for a while, but found it almost totally lacking luster.  Sure, it's fun interacting with people, but unless you know someone and can arrange times to group and play together, it kinda sucked.  I need to cancel my account since I'm not playing it anymore.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I played for a couple of years but my "regular" group started playing less the game was not much fun.

But when everyone was there...  It ws AWSUM!

Havent played in over a year.  I am waiting for the Star Wars Galaxies to come out!  Now that will be fun!!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Day of Defeat (half life mod ) is the ONLY game to play
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I played EverCamp for a while, but went back to good 'ol Ultima. Been playin it for 3 years. Have been looking at Dark Age of Camelot. Anyone playin it??
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I played for a bit...

sort of died off....acutally that reminds me I should cancel my account.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top