Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2004 4:41:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 4:42:32 PM EST by AZ_Sky]
I know there are a lot of flashlight freaks out there, I'm one of them!
I love my Surefire P6 and will be upgrading it with the KLN5 head soon.

But - Have you seen this cheap replacement for the standard PR flange bulb?

I'm going to replace all the PR bulb flashlights in my house with this bulb.

flashlightreviews3.home.att.net/reviews/everled.htm

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:06:38 PM EST
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=280066

i bought one. i really like it.

BUT, after much research, and for about the same price as a new 3D maglite, and the bulb, I would get one of these....

Elektro Lumens Blaster-3P Flashlight

have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:15:17 PM EST
Including the driver circuitry inside the bulb enclosure is a VERY slick idea!

Still, 40 bucks isn't exactly chump-change...And apparently, they've traded off battery life for brightness.

If they offered a $10 version that only consumed 20 mA (and could also be operated as a dim night light whild drawing just a few dozen uA), then I'd be whipping out the credit card.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:46:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 7:50:59 PM EST by plarkinjr]

Originally Posted By Skibane:
Including the driver circuitry inside the bulb enclosure is a VERY slick idea!

Still, 40 bucks isn't exactly chump-change...And apparently, they've traded off battery life for brightness.

If they offered a $10 version that only consumed 20 mA (and could also be operated as a dim night light whild drawing just a few dozen uA), then I'd be whipping out the credit card.

Hell, I wouldnt even need the other criteria.... $40 bulb in an $8 to $20 flashlight just doesnt make sense... I'll wait till the prices come down... Heck, LED tail-lights were the BIG thing a few years ago in motorcycles... $80+ per... now the prices are coming down to a more reasonable level. I'd spend $10 for an LED for a flashlight that was no brighter and consumed the same energy as a standard incandescent bulb in a heart-beat. Just wait a couple years as more players get into it and competition increases.
Top Top