Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 8:51:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/6/2003 8:54:30 PM EST by BusMaster007]
OK, let me preface this with how I was telling my 7 year-old Daughter about how the kids with the Japanese cars are eyeballin' the low mileage '92 Bonneville SSE I just got like it's a race about to happen. I mentioned that their cars are jokingly referred to as 'RICERS'... Explaining as simply as I could why that was, she said, "you mean like CHINAtown?" I started to tell her about the high number of Asians that get on my Bus and ask, "...you go - CHINAtown?" Then I told her that EVERYtown has a CHINAtown. And, damn if it doesn't! You go to any city. It has a Chinatown. Think about it. [b]"Billions and Billions..."[/b] [shock] "What-a-bargain. You got penny? No problem!" [:D] We'll be going on a field trip soon for some Cultural Diversity Immersion...in a good way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:55:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By BusMaster007: You go to any city. It has a Chinatown. Think about it. [b]"Billions and Billions..."[/b] [shock]
View Quote
I don't think Wilkes-Barre, PA has a "Chinatown". Then again, I'm not sure Wilkes-Barre qualifies as a "city" though. Legally maybe, but not morally. It's not following the spirit of the law. Where'd my bed go
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:23:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:19:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 1:26:00 AM EST by USNJoe_Retired]
Auburn, California has a Chinatown. They have a good Chinese restaraunt, the Shanghai Restaurant. It's also a bar and it used to be a poker parlor. [b]"Liquor up front, poker in the rear and good eating on the side"[/b] [BD]
Top Top