Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/19/2005 12:34:14 AM EDT

I was talking about it in this thread with you guys earlier:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=352102&page=1&#-1

Well the guy who I was going to go with bailed on me, Is it a bad idea for me to go by myself?

For some reason, I'm a little worried about it?

Should I be?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:02:42 AM EDT
I wouldn't be.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:06:45 AM EDT
When you meet the Swedish twins and they invite you back to their hot tub, will you miss your friend?

Didn't think so.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:09:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:13:42 AM EDT
[eurotrip]Dude you made out with your sister![eurotrip]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:20:58 AM EDT
GO!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:04:55 AM EDT
Absolutely - go for it!

I've never been myself, but my old .mil buddies always said to head to Denmark. Go to Amsterdam for a day, but then hit a smaller town or two and just run the bars. From what I've been told, the places most Americans don't tour are the best, as the locals love GI's, and will treat you to beer all day, and women all night.

Judging from the time I spent at Thule AB, Greenland (owned by Denmark), and the Danish citizens there, the stories were all very true.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:44:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bumpusjm:
Absolutely - go for it!

I've never been myself, but my old .mil buddies always said to head to Denmark. Go to Amsterdam for a day, but then hit a smaller town or two and just run the bars. From what I've been told, the places most Americans don't tour are the best, as the locals love GI's, and will treat you to beer all day, and women all night.

Judging from the time I spent at Thule AB, Greenland (owned by Denmark), and the Danish citizens there, the stories were all very true.

COOL,

That's what I'm hoping will happen, but for some reason I keep seeing myself being mugged.

The only thing that sucks is that it's going to cost a whole lot more now, I'm planning to stay in hostles so I can save a little money though.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:46:58 AM EDT
Go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:50:17 AM EDT
You'll get more out of the trip going by yourself. There are plenty of women over there to keep you company if you get lonely!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:52:29 AM EDT
deff go, i had an employee once that took a summer off, bought a euro rail pass and traveled euro and stayed in hostiles and had a blast. carefull drugs and hookers are legal in some parts
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:53:51 AM EDT
Yes, absolutely, by all means. Go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:23:09 AM EDT
go!
And no, France is not a dangerous country. I have been living here for 38 years and...I’m still alive!

If you plan to go to Paris, may be I could give you some advice.

Don’t carry your ASP, it’s not legal. Nor pepper spray, but Police won’t bother you with that if you are arrested.

Enjoy your trip!

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:43:09 AM EDT
GO GO GO GO GO !!!!! I had two buddies go together... half way through they were so sick of compromising about what they were going to do next they said screw it... let's split up and meet up at the airport in a month when they were to fly back. They both said it was the best choice they made the entire trip. They are still best friends, they just had different things in mind.

When I go... I'm going alone, no other way to do it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:56:11 AM EDT
Go. Get a travel guide and find your way to a hostel. You should be able to hook up with other youths travelling around. Go with the flow. Bring your ID and orders so you can bug in to a base if need be. Maintain bodily contact with your bag at all times. Guard your wallet at all times. Don't get too drunk and stick with people at night when in the cities. See some of the smaller towns like those along the Mosel R.

Follow your nose and have fun!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:30:00 AM EDT
I've had more fun the times I went by myself.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:01:17 PM EDT
Go by yourself. French girls can be pretty fun. So can Italian girls. Travelling Australian and Israeli girls are also nice. Indo/Paki girls in England can also be fun.

GunLvr
Top Top