Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 6:30:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 6:32:23 PM EST by Revelation68]
Just a reminder guys, this ethanol in the gasoline that the government is so graciously shoving down our throats is reeking havoc on some engines, particularly in the marine arena.
Remember to be very conscious about how long you let your motors sit with fuels that could contain the 10% ethanol, etc.
I just talked to one of my reps about it this week. I think AMSOIL is rushing to get a great fuel additive out ASAP, so let me know if I can be of any help to people who may be in need.
After about 1-2 months the ethanol separates and is causing the motors to go fast. The manufacturers are getting furious at having to cover the warranties.

Just a heads up!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:12:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 6:42:21 AM EST by JeepAR15]
Edited.

Didn't realize at first this was another Amsoil salesman trying to push his wares.

I'm out!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:39:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Revelation68:
Just a reminder guys, this ethanol in the gasoline that the government is so graciously shoving down our throats is reeking havoc on some engines, particularly in the marine arena.
Remember to be very conscious about how long you let your motors sit with fuels that could contain the 10% ethanol, etc.
I just talked to one of my reps about it this week. I think AMSOIL is rushing to get a great fuel additive out ASAP, so let me know if I can be of any help to people who may be in need.
After about 1-2 months the ethanol separates and is causing the motors to go fast. The manufacturers are getting furious at having to cover the warranties.

Just a heads up!

Bull shit.

The gov. is only forcing corn ethanol.
And yes ethanol is bad for gasoline only engines

Go try to sale AMSOIL some place else...................
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:43:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 4:12:10 PM EST by Revelation68]
Originally Posted By JeepAR15:
Edited.

Didn't realize at first this was another Amsoil salesman trying to push his wares.

I'm out!

Making < $1 on something I don't even put 2 hours a month toward is hardly trying to push a product.
I practically give some of these products away.

Get it right before you assume. Some people aren't out to get you ALL the time. ;)
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:44:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By cbrooks:
Originally Posted By Revelation68:

Just a heads up!

Bull shit.

The gov. is only forcing corn ethanol.
And yes ethanol is bad for gasoline only engines

Corn ethanol isn't ethanol?
Do the majority of people drive diesels?

Don't make a fool of yourself.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:46:33 PM EST
For those who have intelligent inquiries, check out this link for info you might need to know, especially if you are storing vehicles, boats, etc. over the winter months:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/ethanol_engine_precautions.html
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:14:46 PM EST
This thread is a total train wreck.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:15:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/5/2009 1:15:52 AM EST by oneshot1kill]
Wrong forum....EE is for solicitations.
Top Top