Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2001 6:12:44 PM EDT
Hi all, Well, my late father's estate is finally settled. My older sister was the executrix. My father left me his 2 handguns. He was a resident of Pa., I now live in Va. What is involved in transferring the guns? I have posession of them, and his death certificate. I just want to do it right and legal. Thanks in advance. Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:40:55 AM EDT
As far as Federal law is concerned, the firearms can be shipped directly to you without going through an FFL holder. The easiest way though, is to just pick them up yourself. This is covered in 27CFR178.30(a). Be sure and check any state laws on aquiring the firearms.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:31:55 AM EDT
Since You already have posession of the pistols, I'm assuming in VA, then nothing else needs to be done.
Top Top