Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Always Think Forfeiture laughs at this development.

ETA: Yup...

Holder’s decision allows some limited exceptions, including illegal firearms, ammunition, explosives...
View Quote

Fuck 0bama and his cock Holder.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Good! Too bad I have a feeling that the ONLY reason he did it was because it was most likely disproportionately affecting minorities.
<o:p></o:p>

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Great news, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Good.

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Friday barred local and state police from using federal law to seize cash, cars and other property without evidence that a crime occurred.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Holder is still a party to murder and treason for his part in Operation Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good.

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Friday barred local and state police from using federal law to seize cash, cars and other property without evidence that a crime occurred.

This is the first thing that worthless POS has gotten right.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't fool yourself. This will be selectively applied, just as hate crime laws.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good! Too bad I have a feeling that the ONLY reason he did it was because it was most likely disproportionately affecting minorities. <o:p></o:p>

View Quote

He hasn't figured out how his cut will get into his 401k.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good! Too bad I have a feeling that the ONLY reason he did it was because it was most likely disproportionately affecting minorities. <o:p></o:p>

View Quote

Yup.  Right thing wrong reason.  But still the right thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought he resigned. He shouldn't be doing anything but leaving.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Good Job! I never thought I'd say that about Holder.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Great news, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
View Quote

Indeed.

The most powerful weapon LE has is not machineguns, APC's, or tactical entry teams; it's the radio.  You can't outrun it and you're not going to win against 300 cops, even if they're limited to Barney Fife 6-shooters.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good.

yeah, but what's his real motive.  C'mon, its Holder.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Cases like US v. $1,000,000 are a mockery to justice.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
One might think that he put his resignation on hold when he found that the (R)'s were going to get both the house and senate and they would be reopening the investigations of thinks like Fast and Furious. His successor may not care as much about him staying out of prison as he does and might actually aid in and investigation instead of impeding it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#17]
If Holder is for it, I'm against it.  

He is a despicable person, a lousy leader, and racially corrupt.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Seems like a great thing, until you realize who it came from.  There is absolutely no way that asshole did this without the intention and probably already in action plan to fuck someone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet. .
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seems like a great thing, until you realize who it came from.  There is absolutely no way that asshole did this without the intention and probably already in action plan to fuck someone.
View Quote
Makes you wonder if he struck a deal with Grassly?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Trying to reduce the power of state and local cops by cutting off their cash cow.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Too many of his criminal buddies are getting their Money confiscated on I-95

Its good for good and bad guys, problem is he didn't do it for the good guys

Free
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#23]
If you stole the stuff you can keep the stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good.

Local cops use local laws.....we never knew the fed statue.

You guys gotta realize that when you use a federal statue to seize prop you have to give them a cut. 99.9% of city, county, and state law enforcement use local seizure and forfeiture laws.

He can't do jack about state laws and this "ruling" applies to almost no one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
One might think that he put his resignation on hold when he found that the (R)'s were going to get both the house and senate and they would be reopening the investigations of thinks like Fast and Furious. His successor may not care as much about him staying out of prison as he does and might actually aid in and investigation instead of impeding it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got that. It should be a story that he unresigned. He is after all the AG which is supposed to be the hieight of integrity.
(Stop laughing)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trying to reduce the power of state and local cops by cutting off their cash cow.

View Quote

And making them more likely to take a federal handout, with strings attached.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Good

Cops shouldn't be able to confiscate property(unless its stolen), and they damn sure shouldnt profit from it.

No man should have his home or money taken away that he will need to defend himself in court.

Free

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]
He is fucking us somehow.  

What else will he change before he finally blows town on a rail ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I got that. It should be a story that he unresigned. He is after all the AG which is supposed to be the hieight of integrity.
(Stop laughing)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Stop laughing)
I laugh and I cry when this comes up, sometimes at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Squeeze local law enforcement funds. Asset Forfeiture created a revenue stream. Local LEO did not need to rely (as much) on Gov (Do what we want or you get nothing) funds.   That is not acceptable.

It's an attack on local law enforcement. You will see more.

Disclaimer: Asset Forfeiture is BS.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Now will this stop a cop from taking a guys bag of cash/$10k or more just because they believe it might be drug money?

Free
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now will this stop a cop from taking a guys bag of cash/$10k or more just because they believe it might be drug money?

Free
View Quote

There's some communist states that have state laws allowing cops to steal your stuff legally.  This just stops them from using federal law to do it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

They are masking firearms seizures under the guise of getting rid of civil seizures.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.  Anyone who believes otherwise has a short memory.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

«tc2k11»
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holder’s decision allows some limited exceptions, including illegal firearms, ammunition, explosives...

«tc2k11»

If they can't use drugs anymore, which was a ridiculous catch-all prove-a-negative, they're cutting out pretty much the most abusive part of the program. This is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You guys gotta realize that when you use a federal statue to seize prop you have to give them a cut. 99.9% of city, county, and state law enforcement use local seizure and forfeiture laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

I don't think this is right. Any of this. Equitable sharing took billions worth of shit off people.  If you read the article it says thousands of departments took part in the program.  So by "applies to almost no one", does this "no one" mean the nearly 8,000 departments that it's going to affect?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Actually, it's the second IMO.  Video taping of the police in public places.  But he fucking sucks about everything else.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah. I don't believe it.

DOJ runs an extortion racket on corporations. More of a you-have-to-pay-to-play thingy, but his hands are dirty.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

If it's true. I'm not holding my breathe.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet. .
View Quote

You must endeavor to persevere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...
Just like enforcing civil rights legislation...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

It's great PR.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow, he actually did something productive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Nothing wring with this. I'm sure the current structure motivated police to essentially steal from people.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#49]
He's a great American.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Sounds good on the outside, its the inside we should be worried about.        
Quoted:

From what I heard a lot of the seizures went thought the feds and (the article says) the money went back to police departments and they could use the money for some equipment (had to be related like nightvision was okay but new patrol cars were not? I think). The article says that instead of the cops getting new gear or OT it will just go to the state (depending on the state) to stick in the general fund, so no OT or cool toys and therefore no motivation to seize  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Free
From what I heard a lot of the seizures went thought the feds and (the article says) the money went back to police departments and they could use the money for some equipment (had to be related like nightvision was okay but new patrol cars were not? I think). The article says that instead of the cops getting new gear or OT it will just go to the state (depending on the state) to stick in the general fund, so no OT or cool toys and therefore no motivation to seize  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top