Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 12:27:04 PM EST
I'm think about listing a few items on the EE but have a question before I do so.

Assuming more than one person is interested in what I have to sell what is considered the preferred or accepted method of contact. First person who posts in the thread? First person who IM's me. First person who e-mails me? First person by any of the above methods?

This may seem like a no-brainer but I want to make sure I do it fairly and don't piss anyone off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:33:27 PM EST
You are the seller. State your own rules in the ad.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:35:13 PM EST
You can make your own rules. I generally (not always, but usually) prefer the "first email" as IM isn't that reliable. It's easy to just look at your email and see who sent it first.

The problem I've run into is when you list it for $100, and Bob comes in and says "how about $80. You respond with "no $100" and in the meantime you get a "I'll take it at $100" from Joe. Right after you tell Joe "sold" you get an "ok, $100" from Bob. Who should get it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:40:23 PM EST
I have done business on EE several times. It is usually whoever confirms their deal first that I do business with.

Example:

I had a spotting scope that I wanted to trade. Two guys e-mailed me with offers. I accecpted the first offer, but the guy left me hanging, and didn't respond to a second inquiry. He left no indication that he would be out of town or unreachable and I was left wondering. So, I went to the second guy, who got back to me the immedately. We confirmed the deal and I shipped out his package the next day. 2 days later the first guy got back to me. Sorry!

Just don't screw anyone after they have sent you payment/trade item.
Top Top