Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:08:28 PM EDT
If your gonna ask for a discount, be realistic.

$100.00 dollars off on a $300 item is not a discount, that is being rude.

If someone says "no" to your bid of a discount don't argue with "I can get it..."
then just go and do that then, preferably before you make or suggest a ridiculious offer.

I'm REALLY getting sick of this shit, you know who you are.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:12:08 PM EDT
Oh come on - that's half the fun of using the EE.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:13:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 12:18:03 PM EDT by hardcorps1775]

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
...i am more than willng to deal but after you spend3-4 days emailing to set a price with a buyer, then they bail...

THAT is bullshit! you make a counter offer and come to a price, you're kinda obligated to follow through unless you have a good reason and let the seller know!

but hey, ee is an arab marketplace, nothing wrong with lowballing an offer!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:20:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadChiro:

If someone says "no" to your bid of a discount don't argue with "I can get it..."
then just go and do that then, preferably before you make or suggest a ridiculious offer.

I think people that do this really have no desire to buy your item, for some reason (probably misguided) they think your price is too high... and this is their snooty way of telling you so.

I agree that it is childish... if you don't want the item for that price then walk away... you see that type of person at gunshows all the time (often they are "experts" from this or that web-board).

To me, why waste your breath... supply and demand will tell if your price is truly too high.

- AG
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:21:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

it's barely worth the effort to sell anymore. i am more than willng to deal but after you spend3-4 days emailing to set a price with a buyer, then they bail, it's just more pia than it's worth.

Mike,

Exactly.

The recent ones I've dealt with are so rude, calling me names and such, the deal they secured is no longer valid.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT by vanilla_gorilla]

I must dissent. You know you are on the internet, where it's easier to get everything, and everybody has a lowball price in mind. Some of us were taught that too low is an insult, many, apparently, weren't. That's part of trading on the internet, and you have to be prepared for it.

It really is like an Arab market, with many people whose attitudes reflect accordingly.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:24:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aggie_Gunner:

I think people that do this really have no desire to buy your item, for some reason (probably misguided) they think your price is too high... and this is their snooty way of telling you so.

I agree that it is childish... if you don't want the item for that price then walk away... you see that type of person at gunshows all the time (often they are "experts" from this or that web-board).

To me, why waste your breath... supply and demand will tell if your price is truly too high.

- AG

Sage comment, couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 12:29:49 PM EDT by Bubbatheredneck]

You need to grow some thicker skin.

ETA
I think you thread is mis-titled. Courtesy is emailing back and forth within a reasonable time period, say 18-24 hours or so. After a deal is struck, following through with funds and prompt shipping is common courtesy as well. Name calling is childish. Giving reasons for a lowball or counter-offer is par for the course. Ignore or come back with your own corny/witty reply.

The fact that a lowball offer gets under your skin? Lighten up Francis.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:24:41 PM EDT
I thought I had a trade for some ruger mags going, then never heard back from the guy who wanted to trade.

so I'm kind of stuck with mine. He has my address, what to do? that was the 26th of this month. I'm not out anything of course, but still. answer the Im/Emails already
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:26:27 PM EDT

That is how I feel with my eBay biz too. My normal response to the "I can get it somewhere else.." is go ahead. I tend to block people from bidding om my auctions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:27:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

I must dissent. You know you are on the internet, where it's easier to get everything, and everybody has a lowball price in mind. Some of us were taught that too low is an insult, many, apparently, weren't. That's part of trading on the internet, and you have to be prepared for it.

It really is like an Arab market, with many people whose attitudes reflect accordingly.

I guess I should have made the point that some are actually being rude, telling me I'm a "urealistic fuck" and "good luck asshole on sellin your shit."

This is crossing the line.

Nobody in their right mind would say this to someones face.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:28:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:

You need to grow some thicker skin.

Really?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:29:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:31:07 PM EDT

I guess I should have made the point that some are actually being rude, telling me I'm a "urealistic fuck" and "good luck asshole on sellin your shit."

Now, I agree with you there. That is uncalled for .
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:38:34 PM EDT
I had some guy do the same to me. He told me he could get a new one for a lot less than I was asking. He wanted me to come down below the cost of his new one. I figured out later he got such a good price on a new one by using someones wholesale/employee discount or something.

No big deal, I told him thanks anyways for the offer and ended up selling it to someone else for $50 less than I was asking. I threw in some extras too just becuase the guy was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 12:41:22 PM EDT by mobius]
I have seen some rediculous overpriced shit on the EE board.......some of the stuff I have seen being priced at, a discount of 100 bucks, would bring that item to about the right price.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:50:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mobius:
I have seen some rediculous overpriced shit on the EE board.......some of the stuff I have seen being priced at, a discount of 100 bucks, would bring that item to about the right price.

I agree with you... but the point is that nobody died and made you (I'm using you in the 2nd person, not attacking "you" directly) price nazi.

If it is overpriced then ignore it... some people in their egotistic delirium take over priced merchandise as a personal attack, and that is just nucking futz. Take a zoloft and chill (again not addressing "you" directly).

Believe it or not, that "overpriced" item might be worth it to someone else, or not...

- AG
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:54:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

You are correct. That is completely uncalled for, but, unfortunately, you know as well as I that everyone on the internet is a seven-foot tall bodybuilder/cagefighter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:57:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mobius:

I agree with you... but the point is that nobody died and made you (I'm using you in the 2nd person, not attacking "you" directly) price nazi.

If it is overpriced then ignore it... some people in their egotistic delirium take over priced merchandise as a personal attack, and that is just nucking futz. Take a zoloft and chill (again not addressing "you" directly).

Believe it or not, that "overpriced" item might be worth it to someone else, or not...

- AG

You mean vote with your dollars!@? How absurd!

Adam Smith had no idea what he was talking about.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:06:37 PM EDT

- AG

couldn't agree with you more...........I figure it this way, he'll soon find out that his price is overboard when nobody buys it, or gives him a counter offer that is more in line with it.........if that doesn't work, then he is just waiting on some fool with more money then brains to buy it....which given some of the stuff I have seen that was sold for, that is not all too uncommon here.

I have seen some stuff being sold, and on auctions that people have bought that are 4 times more then buying it from somewhere else.......good example, someone had a RPD drum on GUNBROKER that someone bought for like 80 bucks......the same RPD drum is being sold by NUMRICH for 22 bucks.

rarely if ever do you find items actually being sold for what they are worth........people that have used stuff, want retail plus for it.
Top Top