Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 8:05:35 AM EDT
Like, Why do we keep under qualified minority workers and fire those who have the skills to do the work?    
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Suggestion:  Don't shout out "This class is so gay!!" during the middle of the presentation.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Suggestion:  Don't shout out "This class is so gay!!" during the middle of the presentation.....

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
At the end of the training, ask 'em if this means you should remove the hidden cameras from the ladies rest room, or not.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be tempted to repeat the line from FMJ: "Here, we do not discriminate against (lots of racial slurs that would probably get me banned). You are all equally worthless."
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't say anything that lets them know what you really think of this bullshit.  You'll get your name on a shit list for the next Reduction in Force.  Those HR Commies take that PC shit really seriously.  Competence is an obsolete concept in the modern corporate world.  Nonjudgementalism is now the preeminent virtue in the pussified, post-Oprah Amerika.

Don't be the skunk at the picnic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask them which is more important, ability or diversity.

357mag
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ask them if your insurance covers sex change operations.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Ask them how any inteeligent person could possibly believe "Affirmative Action" could be Constitutional.  How can discriminationg against someone based on the color of their skin be OK?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Depends on the diversity training. I had some through Delphi Automotive that was very very good. It more focused on though processes and how people approach problems.  The fundamental approach of the course is that people are people, no matter where they live and no matter what is between thier legs.

If it is a  "treat non-white males super nicely because they may rat you out to management for not kissing their ass" sort of class, let them have it. You won't be able to speak about it anywhere else.

Of recent promotions to management, how come x% of those positions were non-white males, and  x% of employees eligible for those positions were white males?

What is the turnover rate for non-white males versus white males?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]
who was the best white running back in nfl history.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Ask, "Is it just me, or does this so-called 'diversity' just tend to accentuate the differences among various groups, rather than serve to integrate us as a single workforce?"

Also, comment, "Hey, I'm not prejudiced. I hate all people, equally."
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#15]
HR=Huge Rears

Ask them why your live in girlfriend can't be covered by the companies insurance but a homo 'Partner" can.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ask them why your live in girlfriend can't be covered by the companies insurance but a homo 'Partner" can.

Very funny, and very true around here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ask, "Is it just me, or does this so-called 'diversity' just tend to accentuate the differences among various groups, rather than serve to integrate us as a single workforce?"

Reminds me of the 'catchphrase' they used around my work (and thankfully got rid of)...
"One company, one team...with diversity as our goal!".

It was good for some laughs....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Ask if there will be a "White Engineers Month" this year, or whether only the non-white engineers deserve to be recognized.

Tell them all the attention on the diversity of non-white employees is causing mental distress and generating a hostile workplace environment.  [BTW, this works if you are not white and just think the whole exercise is useless.]  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Tell them that you feel oppressed as a Conservate-American.

Demand your own month.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#20]
"What is the strong correlation between diversity and shareholder value?"
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Honey,.  Just because I waited for the right man.)  Shows that even a mother can be a dumbass.

PS:  Ask if 'significant other' means that an ex-spouse is an 'insignificant other'?  

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#22]
yeah, I'm a junior level engineering student, and at my university they have an office specifically to "help" "deversify" the engineering student body.

in other words to pressure the teachers into passing them
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Ask them when "White History" month is.

Why is it OK to proclaim Black pride, but racist to say White pride?

Ask them how lowering standards to promote diversity accomplishes "success."

Tell them you have a friend that is poor and would like to apply for the United Caucasian College Fund." Oh that's right, there isn't one, it would be racist.

How about the Miss White USA pageant? Doh! Same thing I guess. It'd be racist.

Ask them how celebrating and underlining our differences by using hyphenated names (i.e. African-American, Hispanic-American, Asian-American, etc.) promotes acceptance and a team concept.

Ask why afore mentioned African-Americans can proudly display a Malcom X flag, but you are a racist if you hang the Confederate flag. (Me personally, I just like the design better than the US Flag. Has nothing to do with the evil "symbolism")

Aw, hell this list could go on all day. Besides I'm sure after one maybe two of these you'll be politely asked to leave anyway.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
they came around today verifying i would attend.  
i ask they what kind of lunch they were serving.  They said sam'itches
so i asked for a kosher one.
they laughed at me...  

i feel so abused.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Drink lots of coffee, and keep noisily getting up to relieve the pressure.  When they complain, explain to them that your "circumstances" of being a minority person requiring lots of coffee combined with a bladder of limited size place you in a "protected class".  If they complain, pick up the phone and sick the ADA on them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Sit down, shut up, smile and play along.

Then when you get to managemet, you can run things YOUR way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I work for one of the Big Three Auto companies here in Michigan and face this junk all the time.

Here is what really works and will not get you in trouble....

Simply ask them for a transcript/syllabus of the diversity training course before you attend. Tell them that due to your strong religious and moral convictions you can not attend a course that is conflict with your ethical and moral convictions. You simply want to see what is in the course before you go to avoid any conflicts. Be sure to state that you fully support diversity as long as it does not interfere with your religious freedoms.

99% of the time a transcript will not be provided and you are automatically given a pass out.

Make sure you write a very nice email to your dept. manager/HR rep. thanking them for their sensitivity and help in this matter.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#28]
This kinda reminds me of a job I was on a couple of years ago.  The entire first day was sexual harassment training.  They actually "taught" us not to hoot & holler at women when they walk by for eight hours!

I think these meetings are not really intended to "train" anybody or to "diversify" anybody, but to provide documentation that they were held in the event of a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#29]
An engineer I used to work with refused to attend diversity training based on his belief that they would make him dispute his fervently held stance against homosexuals.

What’s worse is that is exactly what he told the Sr. VP of HR when he called him to ask why he hadn’t completed this mandatory training.

Now, you can steal from my company and you can pretty much show up anytime you want to work and then lie about how many hours you’ve put in – both acts are unquestionably criminal – but it will take them several years to come around and “dismiss” you.

BUT, refuse diversity training – and you’ll be out on your ass in a matter of weeks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Wear this shirt.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Wear this shirt.

www.thoseshirts.com/images/diversity-shirtfront.jpg

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Hilarious - all employees here (state university) have to go through the diversity training as well.  Our newly named "VP for Diversity & Equity" heads it up.  

What makes no sense to me is - if you have 20% of one race and 80% of another in your state/region/sector, then 20% of that one race should make up 20% of your workforce, and the 80% the other.

Why can't anyone understand that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#33]
We started having these "trainings" a few years ago and now we go about every other year.  Needless to say they had us go by dept. Police had several all to them selves, Fire, Water, Sewer, etc.  Well, all went fine until we got there (streets).  It took us 20 minutes to get the teacher (female) to start crying anf leave the building.  we got our asses chewed out, and from then on they only send about 5 or 6 of us at a time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Stand up and ask innocently "What's a Nubian?"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
We started having these "trainings" a few years ago and now we go about every other year.  Needless to say they had us go by dept. Police had several all to them selves, Fire, Water, Sewer, etc.  Well, all went fine until we got there (streets).  It took us 20 minutes to get the teacher (female) to start crying anf leave the building.  we got our asses chewed out, and from then on they only send about 5 or 6 of us at a time.

Details, man, details!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Play along....agree with them wholeheartedly.

Chastize the NBA for not hiring more chinese players.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Serious question:  Policy wise, which is more important to the company--adhering to safety or meeting diversity requirements?  This, I think, is the crux of the matter.  Will your safety on the job be compromised by sensitive managers who don't wish to appear racist by failing to reprimand minority workers?  Political correctness creates the conditions by which people's lives are placed in jeopoardy.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Serious question:  

Policy wise, which is more important to the company--adhering to safety or meeting diversity requirements?

If that's not a cry for some diversity training, I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Tell them you're Irish-American and you are coming to work drunk from now on.

GM
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Tell them you're Irish-American and you are coming to work drunk from now on.

GM

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Ask them what are we calling the Negroes now? Black, African-American, or colored? Ask them how to change your ethnicity on your personel file to native-American since you were born here. That should go over well...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Makes me glad I am out of the big company world and in a small business setting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top