Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 11:51:40 AM EDT
I'm getting pretty tired of reading about the world ending.  Most are about current events and somewhat vague but what about the 2012 spiel? What happens after the proposed end of the world doesn't happen?  Do we get a group apology for listening to the ridiculous prophecies you spew?

If the world does end on whatever day it's supposed to in 2012, I will pee into my mouth.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm getting pretty tired of reading about the world ending.  Most are about current events and somewhat vague but what about the 2012 spiel? What happens after the proposed end of the world doesn't happen?  Do we get a group apology for listening to the ridiculous prophecies you spew?

If the world does end on whatever day it's supposed to in 2012, I will pee into my mouth.

They will move on to the next one...

The same people wanting the world to end with the Myan calender were the same ones hoping Y2K would bring the end of the world, and before that the Harmonic Convergance, and before that Haley's Comet.
There were a lot of people unhappy that the US and the Soviet Union didn't destroy each other.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I doubt you have the pressure to pee into your own mouth.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
This just in ! December 21, 2012 has now been rescheduled for
May 21, 2011 billboards coming to a town near you, saw one
here in Tampa yesterday
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

come on 2012!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't want it to end...but I'm preparing anyway...still living large, just ready to live a few days longer than you
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#6]
End of the World is here...

Better drink my own piss
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will move on to the next one...

The same people wanting the world to end with the Myan calender were the same ones hoping Y2K would bring the end of the world, and before that the Harmonic Convergance, and before that Haley's Comet.
There were a lot of people unhappy that the US and the Soviet Union didn't destroy each other.

Hadn't heard that one.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This just in ! December 21, 2012 has now been rescheduled for
May 21, 2011 billboards coming to a town near you, saw one
here in Tampa yesterday

That's my bday.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My take is to personally ready at any moment

My end of the world could be today.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

I'll bet you a team membership that you can't. You must of course post a vid on Arfcom of you trying...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't want it to end...but I'm preparing anyway...still living large, just ready to live a few days longer than you

Gonna go with this..

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have it on my calendar that the world ends on Dec 21, 2012.  Just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
End of the World is here...

Better drink my own piss

To each his own. I'm going to have a beer when I get home instead.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

I'll bet you a team membership that you can't. You must of course post a vid on Arfcom of you trying...

I would immagine if he laid on his back ang gave it a shot he might be able to.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

You can pee into your own mouth...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

DO NOT GOOGLE "PEE INTO MOUTH". I need brain bleach.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

And why the fuck did you think that would be a good idea?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

And why the fuck did you think that would be a good idea?

I have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

That was my plan.

So if your prepared for the end of the world, how many people do you tell that you are?  Seems like something I'd want to keep confidential.  I wouldn't want a bunch o0f people knocking on my door after Dr. Doom unleashes his death ray.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I'm curious.

That was my plan.

So if your prepared for the end of the world, how many people do you tell that you are?  Seems like something I'd want to keep confidential.  I wouldn't want a bunch o0f people knocking on my door after Dr. Doom unleashes his death ray.

FEMA awaits..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#24]

The "end of the world" will come for everyone, eventually. We all die. That is the end of the world.

"End of humanity" is what most "end of the world" people are talking about. This is highly unlikely but possible. Sun going supernova. Big enough asteroid impact. I don't think all out nuke war would do it. There would always be some survivors.

End of the Earth? That would have to be one big ass asteroid to actually break up the Earth.

End of time? I can't concieve of a circumstance or event that could actually stop time. It is impossible to stop time and have matter remain in existence within these four dimensions.

So, while I prepare to cover any events that may come my way which I could reasonably survive and live on the other side of, I don't worry about the Sun blowing up. My life will end long before any astrological events destroy this planet (in all likelyhood. I could be wrong but then it wouldn't matter).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top