Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 1:31:40 AM EDT
Title says it all.

Without having to pay out the nose for a service, if possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]

If you aren't going to pay someone, i'd guess something like publicdata.com or similiar.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Choicepoint
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
prisonerlife.com will let you know if they have evr been locked up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
My law firm does bg checks, basic is $50, more complete is $100, however a major-league, super mega top secret, FBI/NSA type of thing, well, we don't do those, we job them out and cost big bucks.

Most of the bg checks are for criminal, employment and education. PM me if you have other questions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Most companies outsource them out these days.  The companies that do them do it a lot quicker than an employee that usually does other things can, at a cost generally less than that employees time.

If and when I did them, I usually just checked the employers.  Our Corporate did the Criminal check after employment.  BTW falsifying an app is usually a firing offense.

I'ld recommend having a company do it for you. They have the experience, the bonding and insurance and you have better uses for your time.

Also I very very seldomly ever checked personal references.  Nobody (sane and/or smart) lists a personal reference that isn't going to give a good reference.  Professional (Can they do the job?)references often get checked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top