Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2004 5:54:29 AM EST
He ahd sent an Email regarding Bush's DD214 and Kerry's record... He cites a DU posting!!!!!!!!

Dean,

No doubt that is interesting. I have been to the Democratic Underground a few times... Wow! I really hope you do not identify with too many of those people Dean... I mean talk about extreme. Tin foil hat central. What is your posting name there?

Check out his Senate record if you want to see what is really interesting. How many votes missed (Kerry has missed 89 percent of the Senate's votes this year and 64 percent last year, including several votes on veterans' health care issues), military spending bills he voted against (including voting against pay raises for military personnel 12 times!) and the fact that he was just too busy to attend most of the Intelligence Subcommittee (which he was a member of) meetings (including not attending one single meeting for a year after 9-11 yet he loves attacking perceived flaws in the Intel community despite the fact that we all know their weaknesses were a result of Clinton's insistence on electronic Intel over human Intel and many more cuts he placed on the Intel machine).

The facts are not Moore-esque spins Dean, they are FACTS. You know, facts?

Regarding the Military supporting Kerry. I have been asking and you are the only one I can find who does... I asked Fred (still in Iraq of course) and he said just watch the absentee vote from over there. He predicts like a 90% + vote for Bush from the troops in the field. But he is only a former career soldier (Airborne E-8) in a war zone so he could be wrong.

Finally you had mentioned about Kerry leaving Yale to go to Vietnam. Actually, I have read in several sources (less biased than the moderate (Ha!) Democratic Underground) that he was actually done at Yale and asked the Draft Board to give him a deferment so he could go study in France (I guess he heard what fun Clinton was having in England!) and they turned him down so he joined the Navy RESERVE and was surprised to hear he was going on active status and being sent to 'Nam. Once there he got his three purple hearts and took a seldom used option to request to leave after the magic number three (most did not take that option but apparently he thought everyone there were baby killers and he was anxious to leave... so anxious that he perhaps exaggerated some of his wounds????). He was in country for four months... I do not think I personally have ever heard of such a short tour of duty. After all he had a Congressional race to run in, he had to get home! He lost that one after moving several times to find the right Congressional District to live in, by the way.

I think this article kinda says alot about the man John Kerry...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10637-2004Jul24.html

Kerry has spent his whole life running for office. Every action is planned on how it will poll. He changes his message and votes depending on who he is talking to. As far as I can tell, he has no guiding principles.. But I guess principles are a joke anyway, eh?

What about Edwards? Is he not what you most despise? A Trial Lawyer? At least Kerry Prosecuted for a time until he could get elected to something.

Anyway, it is always fun...

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:16:00 AM EST
You did real good in your comments on his voting record and lack of participation IMO. Maybe add a line about him meeting with the North Vietnam govt while our boys were suffering as POW's, ands that afterall he was a f'n traitor.

In my letters to friends I try not to allienate them, just to brush the truth like paint and hope some of it sticks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:14:47 PM EST
Bear in mind that my buddy is a cop and a National Guardsman. He is a very conflicted soul...

BTT.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:40:12 PM EST
I kind of skimmed it, so if this is in there my post isn't needed

make sure to inform him that kerry bitching about the swiftboat group to the fcc is a joke
www.democrats.org/wvc/weekinreview/200305120002.html

The Democratic Party is partnering with MoveOn.org, People for the American Way, Campaign for America's Future, and dozens of other groups representing millions of Americans to organize a massive public mobilization. On Wednesday, May 14, join us by calling and emailing your representatives in Congress to let them know that the majority of Americans oppose more irresponsible tax cuts that go overwhelmingly to the wealthiest sliver of Americans.
Top Top