Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 5/3/2015 5:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2015 5:30:30 PM EDT by Warhawk]
I know I'm late to the party, but considering Matt Damon's idiotic politics and his ruining of the True Grit remake, I'm not inclined to spend even a dime that might net him any money.

I was up late last night, couldn't sleep because of back pain, and lo and behold, Elysium is on Encore. So I decided to waste a few brain cells on it.

Jodie Foster is hot (I'm old)
The space station was run by liberals
Matt Damon is a shitty actor
Matt Damon's parole officer was a runaway Jack in the Box drive thru speaker
They wasted the talents of that guy from Blackhawk Down
Stupid to the point of cartoonish plot

On the plus side, it showed the end game of unchecked liberalism and illegal immigration.

All in all, one star since I can't give it zero.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:37:05 PM EDT
I like how there was absolutely no concept of cost of sharing the health machines with the teeming millions on Earth. The space station people were just mean-spirited jerks for not sharing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2015 5:57:21 PM EDT by HKocher]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:
Jodie Foster is hot

View Quote

I just can't take anything you wrote serious after that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:06:39 PM EDT
Interestingly, liberals thought the wealthy republican elites lived on the space station, the 99% were on Earth.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:10:42 PM EDT
The guy from the A team was pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:12:16 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rabidus:
Interestingly, liberals thought the wealthy republican elites lived on the space station, the 99% were on Earth.
View Quote

I'm sure democrats and republicans both lived on the space station. Libertarians were on Earth.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:20:16 PM EDT
The connection between "free healthcare" and those machines was fucking horse shit. Machines are not like human doctors forced to treat people for what ever is deemed to be "fair" pay.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:23:44 PM EDT
You dummies have it all wrong. People that like 1911's in .45 ACP lived on the space station. Dumb 9mm Glock loving people live on the earth.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:26:28 PM EDT
I liked it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
Plot, from a non-libtard standpoint:

A bunch of people got disillusioned with Earth and decided they can do things better somewhere else. They build this big space station and let Earth do it's own thing. Instead of fixing their own shit, Earth sits around pining for the shit they don't have and trying to jump boarders to get it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:28:25 PM EDT
The movie had potential, until you realize that it's about free healthcare. Then you realize that it sucks ass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:29:32 PM EDT
I thought this thread was going to about some new drug hitting the street.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:31:08 PM EDT
You know, there was no damn reason to have that station so close to earth. They could have put it in orbit on the other side of the sun if they wanted to and keep some distance from the earth but maintain earth's orbit.

Yes, the third world finally enveloped the world but it was still run by the "evil corporations" = liberal tripe.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:39:11 PM EDT
Jodie Foster is hot

Maybe for a Dyke
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:42:54 PM EDT
It's plot is right up there with the Purge Anarchy for shitty liberal propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:45:15 PM EDT
Movie was shit. Acting was shit. Some of the fight scenes were OK.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:25:29 PM EDT
Christ, ya'll are a tough crowd. It's entertainment. I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:32:16 PM EDT
I know I'm late to the party, but considering Matt Damon's idiotic politics and his ruining of the True Grit remake, I'm not inclined to spend even a dime that might net him any money.

I was up late last night, couldn't sleep because of back pain, and lo and behold, Elysium is on Encore. So I decided to waste a few brain cells on it.

On the plus side, it showed the end game of unchecked liberalism and illegal immigration.

View Quote

Jeff Bridges ruined the remake for sounding either like a stroke victim or that he had someone's cock in his mouth every time he talked.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:09:10 PM EDT

"Jody Foster is hot" Are you a clamgrinder?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:02:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CHRONOS45:
Jodie Foster is hot

Maybe for a Dyke
View Quote

I could have converted her.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:22:21 AM EDT
I watched it again recently, give it 3.5 out 5 stars. Futuristic storylines are good. The place where Matt works should be fined for OSHA violations. The robots enforcing the laws reminded me of the machines that gave tickets for cussing in Judge Dredd.

Whole theme was the "elite" are elitists and they should share the wealth with the FSA. You can't make everyone equally rich but you can make them equally poor.

The attack craft and drones was cool
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:34:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By raven:
I like how there was absolutely no concept of cost of sharing the health machines with the teeming millions on Earth. The space station people were just mean-spirited jerks for not sharing.
View Quote

Actually, that's how Liberals view Conservatives.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:51:19 AM EDT
I enjoyed the scifi bits and the parts where shit was like *BOOM* and *bangbangbang* and the spaceships and such. Forget the plot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:54:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MuttX7:

Jeff Bridges ruined the remake for sounding either like a stroke victim or that he had someone's cock in his mouth every time he talked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MuttX7:
*snip*

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:55:34 AM EDT
I like the Lead Merc dude. For some reason, I find the SA accent fascinating. Its the best part of District 9 also.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:58:10 AM EDT
had a convo about this movie with my friends, and here was my premise..

'even illegal mexicans in space with need health care....'

what a shit ass movie, i heard Chappie is even worse but i've yet to try and watch it...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:58:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher:

View All Quotes
Jodie Foster is hot

Well I'd bet a wooden nickle you have'nt seen her bent over a pinball machine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:51:51 PM EDT
Loved the visuals and SFX. Rolled my eyes at the trash message(s).

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:00:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
I watched it again recently, give it 3.5 out 5 stars. Futuristic storylines are good. The place where Matt works should be fined for OSHA violations. The robots enforcing the laws reminded me of the machines that gave tickets for cussing in Judge Dredd. Demolition Man

Whole theme was the "elite" are elitists and they should share the wealth with the FSA. You can't make everyone equally rich but you can make them equally poor.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:05:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2015 2:06:48 PM EDT by bad2006z71]
Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
I watched it again recently, give it 3.5 out 5 stars. Futuristic storylines are good. The place where Matt works should be fined for OSHA violations. The robots enforcing the laws reminded me of the machines that gave tickets for cussing in Judge Dredd.

View Quote

That would be Demolition Man I believe. Though I haven't seen Judge Dredd in years.

Edit: Beat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT

Steamy pile.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT

View Quote

Why not? I can give it a zero.

See? There it is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:14:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:19:11 PM EDT
Krieger getting his face blown apart by the grenade was the best part of the movie.

I don't remember much else, but I had a high fever when I watched it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:21:30 PM EDT
I guess because I read a fuckload of scifi I was able to set aside current political ideologies and appreciate the film for a lot of what it contained, as well as appreciate a lot of the nuances in the film that others missed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:22:22 PM EDT

View All Quotes
Jodie Foster is hot

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2015 2:23:58 PM EDT by chase45]
I liked it.

I also like Matt Damon though

Could care less what his thoughts on politics are.

Much like how I like Tom Cruise, a weird fuck in reality, but I like him on the screens.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:26:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Plot, from a non-libtard standpoint:

A bunch of people got disillusioned with Earth and decided they can do things better somewhere else. They build this big space station and let Earth do it's own thing. Instead of fixing their own shit, Earth sits around pining for the shit they don't have and trying to jump boarders to get it.
View Quote

And being written by a South African, I would say he's got a very personal perspective on that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:26:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:27:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
The movie had potential, until you realize that it's about free healthcare. Then you realize that it sucks ass.
View Quote

I disagree. It showed that you let people have something for nothing, they'll just crash the system and destroy everything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:34:31 PM EDT
Top Top