Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 6:24:05 PM EDT
............ASS!!! I stopped by ChinaMart this evening and picked up a new Pioneer DVD recorder. I figured it was about time to give up on recording with VCR's, plus, I wanted to have the means to transfer my VHS collection of cool stuff to DVD before the tapes degrade.

Anyway, I brought the thing home, opened it, inspected it, then grabbed the instruction manual and read it cover to cover. No sweat. I start to hook it up and quickly encounter a problem. It seems my freaking tv doesn't have the little audio/video cable hook-ups (the little cables with the RCA jacks), just the main coax line in. Well shit! I no can use my new electronic gadget unless I go buy an RF modulator.

So after thinking about that for a few minutes, I just said screw that. My tv is probably 5 years old anyway, so tomorrow evening I suppose I'll just make a return visit to ChinaMart and pick myself up a brand spanking new flat screen tv and help support the damn Chinese military build-up.. Might as well have a silver tv if my VCR and DVD player/recorder is also silver! And I guess I will have to grab another set of those audio/video cables so I can run my VCR into the rest of the setup, since I only have one set of those.

Sigh. I have never went to buy ANY electronic item unless I had to make at least 1 trip back to get something extra, return a defective product or end up buying something else entirely new to compliment the device I just bought. Electronics are not only a real headache but also a bottomless money pit. Then the stuff you buy lasts 6 months and breaks. LOL.

My dad once told me, "son, instead of wasting your money on that damn electronic shit from China, just go buy yourself a new gun. At least it will hold it's value and chances are good it will still function next year." Never were more true words spoken.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
i agree, I deal with computers everyday.   Everyone tells me im going to have a heart attack before i turn 25  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
TV is five years old and doesn't have AV?  You must have bought the only one...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Military war will be unnecesary, they will just cut off our supply of shoes, electronics, etc. until we beg for mercy, or raise the prices until they bleed our economy dry.

Funny how people bitch about Communism (not sure you do), but then participate in massive wealth transfer  
that enriches the Red regimes.  Many of our own US executives are complicit in this, as it makes them look good, increases profits, and fattens their bonus / option compensation.

I'm worried more about the strategic impact of this than anything else.

Start taking Chinese classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top